mtbr member
    May 2007

AFA Falcon Trail conditions?

Anyone hit Falcon today at the AFA, or planning to hit it tomorrow? If so, please let me know conditions. Thinking of taking the g/f there this weekend but I will lose lots of points if its icy. Thanks

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    I haven't ridden it, but my office is right across the highway from it. It's going to be muddy if you're there anything past 9:00am would be my guess so I'm not sure it's the best choice. Then again, I think a lot of the local trails are going to be muddy tomorrow after 9:00am so I'd say your best bet is the canyon...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I rode the trail this morning after 9:00am and it was in excellent shape. No ice, some snow pack, no mud. Not sure if the conditions changed with the warm up today. I'm thinking it would be good tomorrow, but would recommend going in the morning.

rr
    I don't do PC
    I rode it this afternoon on the cross bike, didn't do the whole loop but what I rode was great, packed snow, dry dirt and some snirtage. Traction was better than during the season!

I can't even remember any wet spots that would turn icy.

kgm
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    This means Mt Falcon correct? Was this place rideable midday or is it getting melt?

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by kgm View Post
    This means Mt Falcon correct? Was this place rideable midday or is it getting melt?
    Negative. AFA in Colorado Springs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz View Post
    Negative. AFA in Colorado Springs
    And for the military abbreviation challenged, that's the Air Force Academy. The trail there (~13 mile loop) is called the Falcon Trail (not Mountain).
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany