mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Adrenalin Cycles or Alpha Bicycles for a good shop?

I'm in need of a bike tune(brakes are shot, derailleur needs tune, and my pedals creak) and my frame seems to be creaking a bit under pressure(need to verify before I take it in) so I'm going to take my bike in to get checked out. Does anyone have any experience at either of these two shops?

Adrenaline is an authorized Felt dealer and I've got a Felt Edict Pro so I was thinking they might be a good bet but there are no mentions of them of this site and Alpha seems to have a good rep.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to the state and don't have any experience with shops out here.

Adrenalin Cycles | 303.933.7777

Alpha Bicycle Company | Rocky Mountain Vibe

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Alpha hands down, I have no experience with adrenaline, but I have been so impressed with alpha that I can't imagine going anywhere else.

mtbr member
    Alpha!!!! Been oging to Alpha for over a decade- I have yet to see the new shop since Matt and Pat sold it.

After moving to Pueblo, I have really found how much I miss good shops, with friendly people, knowledgeable staff, epic rides, and just enjoying hanging out in shops. All shops here make me feel like sh|t., so I dont frequent any of them or spend my money at them either, and I really like spending money on bike stuff.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Alpha it is. Lets hope they can fix this strange creaking sound and it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Thanks everyone.

mtbr member
    Take a 8mm allen and crank down on the crank bolts- Tighter the better. Loose cranks will creak.

Get a 15mm open ended wrench and remove your pedals, add grease to the threads and tighten your pedals back into the cranks.

If this dosent fix your creaking sound, chances are the BB needs to be rebuilt and packed with grease. This requires special BB tools, and a crank puller.

btx
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Seat post too. I've had many creaks that I swore were drivetrain that were fixed by lubing the seat post.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Go to Alpha and see Nic, he is a great wrench with a lots of knowledge.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Looks like you've already made your choices so report back. I can't recommend Alpha - they did good work, but were very deceptive about their costs when I took my bike in for a tune up end of last season.....

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Alpha FTW.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Alpha Cycles - Terrible service

I figured I'd post an experience that I've just had with them.

I bought some new Sram grip shift and took them home in the box. Simple enough for them and everything was fine. The grip shift is awesome. As some of Sram's stuff does the started to wear after about a week of normal riding. I called Alpha and they said bring it by and I did. They looked at it, took my info and said they'd call when they resolved it. That was 4 weeks ago and still no follow up, so I called them. Their reply is "we haven't heard from Sram. Leave the bike and leave it. We'll call Sram and you can have it back in a few days". I felt like they were the one's that dropped the ball and they didn't care.

I decided that it wasn't worth my aggravation to keep working with them, so I'm going to buy replacement grips at my own expense and never go back to them for anything. It's a shame because they stock some pretty nice stuff.

Anyways, that's my rant.