Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Slopestyle Rider

7-24-08 NEW Crankworx CO Dual Slalom and SS Course PICS

The course is almost done and is being shaped out by the trail crew... Can't wait to ride the DS course!

Oh and check out the final feature... You step up onto the platform, hit the quarter, then drop down into the little channel in the middle and then air back out onto the dirt. Gonna see some interesting lines on this thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm in the pain locker
    Do you have to go swimming to get into the 1/4 pipe??

mtbr member
    Now, when they would leave all of this in place after Crankworx I could be talked into patronizing WP. Is there any hope?

You'll have fun Joe!
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

Shoulda went faster
    Joelalamo45- Is there a list of pro riders that are confirmed to ride this year?(other than what is on the crankwrx page)

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Klaus
    Now, when they would leave all of this in place after Crankworx I could be talked into patronizing WP. Is there any hope?

You'll have fun Joe!
    There is hope... it will be open to the public after Crankworx.

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad rdr
    Joelalamo45- Is there a list of pro riders that are confirmed to ride this year?(other than what is on the crankwrx page)

About 45 guys you've heard of. All the heavy hitters minus Bearclaw, Andreu Lacondeguy (injured)...

mtbr member
    That's some mighty fine work!! Especially with the dirt....great job!

Will at least try to make it to the SS comp.
    Biker? I don't even know her.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    About 45 guys you've heard of. All the heavy hitters minus Bearclaw, Andreu Lacondeguy (injured)...
    45??? Holy crap! Should still at least be fun to ride! The slalom looks sick too!

simple
    Are you guys going to have any room for the spectators? Where I stood last year is now right in the dual slalom course.

I would imagine there will be more people than last year but less space for them. Is there a plan for this?

Nice work BTW!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    The layout of the course is quite different from last year. Where a lot of people stood last year are jumps and landings and turns. The course is far more spectator friendly as it doesnt go into the woods for that lame step up and you can see the whole course now.

Slopestyle Rider
    Plus you have the entire hillside to sit on and catch all the action.

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by simcik
    45??? Holy crap! Should still at least be fun to ride! The slalom looks sick too!
    Well I take that back... 45 total and a bunch of guys that you have heard of. Not all 45 are sponsored pros. There are a lot of new guys coming this year.

skillz to pay billz
    what are the chances I can talk my (non-riding, pretty much)wife into spending our anniversary watching the comp?

a) hell no effing way
    b) slim to none
    c) shrug to slim

She enjoyed watching seasons, but asked that I not ride for several weeks after

Slopestyle Rider
    This just in...

We got the OK from Ricketts (Forest Service) to cut a new connection from top of Olympia to Lower Roof of the Rockies, significantly reducing the pedaling. It was completed today in time for Crankworx. It is just off the top of the Olympia as you off-load.

The name - "The Lost Trail" and it is a black diamond route that Joey Klein and the crews built. This provides a greatly improved experience for Mt goat riders.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    what are the chances I can talk my (non-riding, pretty much)wife into spending our anniversary watching the comp?

a) hell no effing way
    b) slim to none
    c) shrug to slim
    All of the above.

Ride Buck Hill Ski Area
    Jul 2005
    I heard Lopes is coming in to smoke the DS.

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by pocgnikcuf
    Yep.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    i was just up there on wed and the course looks sick in person. I cant wait for next week!

joel- are they giving the riders an option of not havin to drop down the big rock this year in the beginning of the SS course? was wondering what that new wooden piece was for at the bottom of the rock on the right

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIH
    joel- are they giving the riders an option of not havin to drop down the big rock this year in the beginning of the SS course? was wondering what that new wooden piece was for at the bottom of the rock on the right
    Exactly...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pocgnikcuf
    Hopefully he doesnt show up and end up protesting (by not racing as he has at world cups and norbas now) and sitting on the sidelines and watching. I would love to draw him and get to race him and get destroyed by him just so I can race him!

Thunder Chunky
    so if im planning on going saturday to watch the ss what time do I need to be there? Its starts at 2 right? Will there be stuff to do before then besides the xc race? (any boths to check out? Free stuff? lol that always good)
    Purple Popcorn

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman133
    so if im planning on going saturday to watch the ss what time do I need to be there? Its starts at 2 right? Will there be stuff to do before then besides the xc race? (any boths to check out? Free stuff? lol that always good)
    2 is when it starts and there will be pony's and a petting zoo to keep you occupied before then. Or you could come early and ride some trails beforehand. But I dunno, pony's are awesome.

Stand back
    Don't forget the miniature golf! And the maze!
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Don't forget the miniature golf! And the maze!
    We should seriously get a mini-golf tournament rolling for Crankworx... I can round up some prizes and Crankworx schwag if anyone's game

Freeride Fornicator
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    This just in...

We got the OK from Ricketts (Forest Service) to cut a new connection from top of Olympia to Lower Roof of the Rockies, significantly reducing the pedaling. It was completed today in time for Crankworx. It is just off the top of the Olympia as you off-load.

The name - "The Lost Trail" and it is a black diamond route that Joey Klein and the crews built. This provides a greatly improved experience for Mt goat riders.

Any chance of some pics of this fresh cut goodness, or description of features?
    Sexual harassment...Panda.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast