mtbr member
    Oct 2010

50 Mile XC Race in Palmer Park, Colorado Springs

Sand Creek Sports is just about ready to release race information for a Sunday, September 18th 50 mile XC race in Palmer Park, Colorado Springs! Race could be followed by a pig roast!

No "license" is needed from any sanctioning body (i.e., no "one-day fee") and this event will have a field limit with a very reasonable entry fee.

Local Colorado Springs Ascent Cycling Series riders are expected to enter as soon as entry information is ready.

Race infomation as well as the only CO mtb race schedule put together with race organizer help is at www.sandcreeksports.com
    Last edited by Sand Creek Sports; 06-28-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Living Large in Germany
    Sep 2008
    So this race is definitely a go. We've tentatively mapped out a 13+ mile course on some new sections (7 miles) that we haven't raced on before (waiting for city approval) which ratchets down the technical difficulty just a bit from our last cross country race in there--if the city agrees we'll most likely be using some of the southern sections of the templeton trail as well as a northern portion of ednae mae so it'll definitely keep you on your toes as well as a new alternate route through little moab. I rode these new sections today with my epic 29er fs and to be sure it was certainly a lot sweeter than my 26 hardtail--I was able to clear all of ednae mae and missed only one small section on templeton so I'm thinking these will be a great inclusion into the new course.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    It's not going to be the same course as the xc race is it, cause that had to much hike-a-bike. Technical is fun but hiking SUCKS.

Living Large in Germany
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jdubb12 View Post
    It's not going to be the same course as the xc race is it, cause that had to much hike-a-bike. Technical is fun but hiking SUCKS.
    Ah here in lies the difficulty in setting up a technically challenging course without it being to crazy. I can tell you there were a number of riders that cleaned all sections of that course but in truth I couldn't do it myself. There were probably 3 sections that I needed to dismount for and another 2 that I would dab on--all in all though that was maybe 25 yds in total. Definitely won't be the same course though and I am really trying to bring the technical factor down a bit but still want to maintain the flavor of Palmer while extending the course length.

If you had your choice what sections of trails would you like to see that are technical but not crazy hard? The course will definitely have to stay north and east of the main road through the park so the council bluffs area is out as well as the south canyon stuff.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Cool........that is exactly what PP needs.......more freakin' users!

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    Better than a horse race or even worse a doggie endurance challenge!