mtbr member
    May 2006

5 day vacation in summit and WP

Hello. Im planning a 5 day vaction and Im not sure how to distribute my days at many spots.
    First, Ive read that keystone suppose to be the best in the area, but on the other hand there are some posters that pick winterpark over keystone, of what I understand each year WP gets better and closer to KS, what about this summer?
    What about Solvista, do you think it would be a good idea to skip a day at WP to go to solvista?
    Im also considering to spend a day at Breck, I know its not a full bike park, but if I want to pedal one day, would you pedal at breck? or just rent a trail bike and pedal at any of the other spots.
    My other concern is bike rental, Im not fully confrtable with 10" triple crown full DH bikes, I rather ride something in the 6" to 8" something like a burly SC nomad, a Reign X or a specialized SX trail.
    About my ridin style I like to go down fast and love to jump but I dont go for crazy stuff, I love fast flowy lines. 6' would be my biggest drop (with good reciever ramp) and around 10 long also if the ramps are really clean.
    Any thoughts???
    Thanks

Bernardo

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    From what you have said, skip Keystone altogether. Go to the Fraser valley, ride WP, SV and get some XC in the valley. Plenty of rentals in the area. Keystone may have been the best 5 yrs ago.........