slow

411 request on potential ride route Storm Mtn and Crosier

Migz and Lew or any others that know the area, chime in. The recent posts about the Storm Mountain area from Migz, Lew, and Quasimotogold have piqued my interest in the Storm Mtn area and I am looking to do an early AM ride up there with a friend on Monday.

Route: Thinking of parking at lower Crosier and riding down to Drake. From Drake climb up the Cedar Park road and follow it through the neighborhood toward Storm until we find the Storm Mountain pack trail # 925. I'd like to follow the Storm Mountain Pack trail to Black Creek and descend back to Glen Haven road and then ride up to Glen Haven to the stables and do Crosier back to the car. Looks to be around 25 miles with 6k of elevation change.

I am familiar with the Crosier portion, but don't know much about the Storm Mtn side.

With a GPS, will we be able to find and follow the Storm Mountain Pack Trail?
    Is it rideable?
    Is it worth riding?
    Is there a better route up there?
    Access / Private Property issues?
    Should we blow it off and go up Buckhorn instead?

Thanks

Route Map:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rolling
    That ride looks way too easy....

Maybe you should do it twice....Two zillion feet of climbing is better than one.

')

Stiff yet compliant
    My map shows Miller fork and Black creek as mostly private property. Access could be iffy up there.

mtbr member
    I think coming down black creek does dump you into someone's backyard. There is also a atv track that heads down parallel to black creek, it's the dashed line to the east on your map, but I think you would have some private land to deal with at the bottom as well.

Storm Mtn is easier to ride the direction you are showing, however, it is very difficult to find at either end. I know you go into the subdivision and then head down a driveway to a vacant lot, the singletrack starts on your left but is extremely faint. The rocks in that area are amazing, but be prepared for deep loamy sponge soil and more navigation difficulties at the large meadows you have to cross.

single track ****
    I haven't done that exact loop, but I'ld say you'll def have to cross a few private drives, etc. However, It looks like a fun plan to me- I say go for it, and treat yourself to some of that cherry cobbler at the general store in Glenhaven too Have fun, and take some pics.

slow
    Thanks all for the info. We bailed and helped with tornado cleanup in Windsor all day. Will post pix when we eventually make it up there.