Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 3p Hall today

  1. #1
    theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Reputation: SDizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,131

    3p Hall today

    Some of the BOA/BP folks put it together. Hall Ranch. Threeish.
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."


    -The Good Doctor

  2. #2
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,583
    it's 3 and i wish i had a hall pass...
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  3. #3
    ride
    Reputation: ignazjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,789

    me too

    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    it's 3 and i wish i had a hall pass...
    Now it's 6 and I'm going to run with the dog. Better than nothing. Beautiful outside. I bet Hall was perfect. We got a trace of snow last night. It was probably nice and tacky like the other day.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

  4. #4
    theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Reputation: SDizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,131

    Hall was great.

    At least to the loop, the mud situation hadn't changed since Sat. I still would vehemtly avoid the Apple Valley side, and will bust the balls of anyone I catch over there.

    I rode today with a stinking fast old guy named Lee, who's the director of the BOA/BP. Good work, Lee, and thanks for the beers. We both came away wishing we'd gone slower (1:10 to the loop and back), but alas...
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."


    -The Good Doctor

  5. #5
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,583
    well, that doesn't make me any less jealous. glad you had a good ride. with a little warning i can sometimes sneak out for a late afternoon ride.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  6. #6
    trail waggler
    Reputation: daveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,425

    "Bust Balls"?...

    My, my, aren't we tough, and a bit self-righteous too.

  7. #7
    theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Reputation: SDizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,131

    Geez, relax.

    I wasn't particularly serious, and assumed it would be intuited. Hall, and everything in BC, it seems, is at risk. We should be gentle, that's all.

    But, ride where you want. Don't let me stop you.
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."


    -The Good Doctor

  8. #8
    starladear
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    366
    Hey man get off MY mountain or I'll bust your balls. You can suck MY balls with that attitude! . Who died and made you Hall monitor???
    Last edited by starladear; 03-02-2004 at 10:22 PM. Reason: forgot something

  9. #9
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,362
    so....you'd rather people ride hall when wet, making things ugly with the hikers, and eventually getting it cosed to bikes, huh? sure, the front side dries faster, and is rideable when much of the backside is still muddy. hey, i like the feeling of a good mud ride too, but not at the expense of possibly getting trail access curtailed, or having the trail dumbed down by trail work.

    bottom line: when it's wet, bikes AND hikers AND horses shouldn't be on it.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  10. #10
    starladear
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    366

    Hope

    Actually I really don't ride the mountains in the winter because of the fragility of the soil. There are so many other thing to do in colorado to stay in shape like biking the canyons and flats. When spring is sprung I'm ready to rock. When the head of the BOA is putting together rides in the winter on mucky trails ...well ....... But If I wanted to maybe ride the mountain during some of the nice winter colorado weather and I happened to ride on to some mud I would hate to think that there are people out there just waiting to bust your balls! I think we have all had enough of that in our lives.. I know I know , Locals Only- right. I hope no one gets caught by dizzle, It scares me to think of what might happen................

  11. #11
    theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Reputation: SDizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,131

    Ugh. You're killin me, smalls.

    The issue is not 'happen[ing] to ride on to some mud'--it's deliberately trekking through a fragile (as described by you) trail, rife with mud and generally unstable surfaces. It's destroying a trail that's already at risk (from land managers, etc.), like pretty much every trail in the area. There's a good six-inches of mud every five feet on the north side of Hall--that's hardly incidental mud. If you want to mince words sometime, I'm game, but at least pick an instance when your opponent is actually serious.

    And, for the record, when did Adam arrange a muck-ride?

    Lastly, I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes (or balls, or what have you)--it really wasn't my intent, and I figured it would be aptly taken in jest.
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."


    -The Good Doctor

  12. #12
    Obviously Single
    Reputation: LeeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,129

    Good job! Don't be so touchy

    Quote Originally Posted by SDizzle
    The issue is not 'happen[ing] to ride on to some mud'--it's deliberately trekking through a fragile (as described by you) trail, rife with mud and generally unstable surfaces. It's destroying a trail that's already at risk (from land managers, etc.), like pretty much every trail in the area. There's a good six-inches of mud every five feet on the north side of Hall--that's hardly incidental mud. If you want to mince words sometime, I'm game, but at least pick an instance when your opponent is actually serious.

    And, for the record, when did Adam arrange a muck-ride?

    Lastly, I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes (or balls, or what have you)--it really wasn't my intent, and I figured it would be aptly taken in jest.
    Hi!

    This is the Lee-Man. I rode with SDizzle last night at Hall. Perhaps Starladear misread
    when you mentioned me as the bike patrol director and thought I was the director
    of BOA (no thanks).

    Please don't be so touchy folks. I think Diz was just expressing the viewpoint that
    folks shouldn't ride in the mud, and he walks the walk -- we turned around at the loop
    because it was too muddy.

    Riding in the mud just leaves ugly bike-tire scars that every hiker and horse-back rider
    sees for weeks. It's as bad as skidding.

    If we don't police ourselves then BCPOS will do it, and nobody wants that. Don't we
    all just want to keep the trails open?

    I have been lucky enough to talk Diz into being a patroller with BOA, since he
    obviously cares about keeping the trails open, and he's one of the nicest people
    you'll ever meet on the trails. He stops and talks to you, rather than just riding on
    by. (Riding on by is okay at times, too, of course.)

    I welcome anyone else to contact me through the BOA WEB site if you want
    to be a patroller, as well. We're just gearing up for this next season, and patrolling
    is a great way to help keep the trails you love open (and maybe even help open
    some more trails).
    The Lee-Man

    A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

  13. #13
    starladear
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeMan
    Hi!

    This is the Lee-Man. I rode with SDizzle last night at Hall. Perhaps Starladear misread
    when you mentioned me as the bike patrol director and thought I was the director
    of BOA (no thanks).

    Please don't be so touchy folks. I think Diz was just expressing the viewpoint that
    folks shouldn't ride in the mud, and he walks the walk -- we turned around at the loop
    because it was too muddy.

    Riding in the mud just leaves ugly bike-tire scars that every hiker and horse-back rider
    sees for weeks. It's as bad as skidding.

    If we don't police ourselves then BCPOS will do it, and nobody wants that. Don't we
    all just want to keep the trails open?

    I have been lucky enough to talk Diz into being a patroller with BOA, since he
    obviously cares about keeping the trails open, and he's one of the nicest people
    you'll ever meet on the trails. He stops and talks to you, rather than just riding on
    by. (Riding on by is okay at times, too, of course.)

    I welcome anyone else to contact me through the BOA WEB site if you want
    to be a patroller, as well. We're just gearing up for this next season, and patrolling
    is a great way to help keep the trails you love open (and maybe even help open
    some more trails).


    all understood - cool

  14. #14
    Perpetually single track
    Reputation: ibmkidIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,165
    Alright now everyone.... group hug time!!!
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody race at Fort Ord today ?
    By Aussie Bob in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 03:23 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 03:21 PM
  3. Hall Sunday?
    By SDizzle in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:04 AM
  4. Rode the RR's at Oleta today
    By 80z28s6 in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 11:33 AM
  5. Rode the RRalph 2.1s again today, and
    By Duckman in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 04:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •