mtbr member
    May 2005

34 Bounty Season

The 34 Bounty season has begun. The first bounty will take place on the Bobcat Ridge descent and will be worth a modest $125. It ends Tuesday, May 24th so you have plenty of time to set your fastest run. Check out www.road34.com for more details.

Also, the all summer Tres bounty is officially underway. The course has changed a little this year making it a bit longer with quite a bit more climbing. The winner of last years Tres didn't claim his prize money so it has been added to this years making it worth $500 to the cat that can complete it the fastest. It runs until late October so you have plenty of time to sort it out. Word Up ballers, see you at the Jump Jam on June 11th!

Will

Road 34

To be continued
    P3575303RDH

mtbr member
    More climbing... ouch!

Kidding of course. Thanks for running this. Let's see if I can make it in time.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

To be continued
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Klaus
    More climbing... ouch!

Kidding of course. Thanks for running this. Let's see if I can make it in time.
    Alright Klaus, when are we running this?
    P3575303RDH

mtbr member
    How about next week, after work. Well, if the weather plays. Weekend is probably too busy.

To be continued
    Rockin. I'll be in touch.
    P3575303RDH

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Klaus
    How about next week, after work. Well, if the weather plays. Weekend is probably too busy.
    I'm game, let me know when you're going.

Descending just before dark would minimize having to yield for uphill traffic... and some nice tacky dirt would be good.

Where's coldsteele? I remember him being one of the fastest guys I've rode with down Ginny... I weigh 30 lbs less these days so maybe I'll be able to keep up

Recovering
    Now I'm slightly glad to have done all of my winter XC riding on my 40+ lb big bike. Ginny's pretty fun (and fast) on that one. I'm down for hunting this bounty...
    Former New Yorker, now in Fort Collins
    http://www.nycmtb.com

slow
    Looking forward to the new Tres Bounty course. Hoping I do better on Tres than last year. Guess that means I'll have to start riding soon.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Here's the updated course for the 2011 Tres Montaņas. Should be a real bag stomper. Remember this deal is worth $500 so if you're competing for the win you MUST use a GPS tracking system of some sort to confirm your overall time.
    http://road34.com/Forum/Post/Show/124

Have a hell of a summer dudes....

ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    this sounds awesome...but what it is? hahaha

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Road34
    Here's the updated course for the 2011 Tres Montaņas. Should be a real bag stomper. Remember this deal is worth $500 so if you're competing for the win you MUST use a GPS tracking system of some sort to confirm your overall time.
    http://road34.com/Forum/Post/Show/124

Have a hell of a summer dudes....
    There is no honor in the world anymore, I guess. Well - count me out. I won't buy a GPS system for this.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Shouldn't this be fastest ascent + descent? . This would even out the 45lb downhill monster and 20lb weenie bikes.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe
    Shouldn't this be fastest ascent + descent? . This would even out the 45lb downhill monster and 20lb weenie bikes.
    No because a 45 lb dh bike won't be nearly as fast as a light 6" bike descending Ginny anyway.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe
    +1, although I stand no chance at either.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I feel ya Klaus, but with the length, complexity, and money involved in this course the GPS ensures no inaccuracies. No GPS needed for the shorter climb and descent bounties, just the Tres Montaņas.

Back in the saddle
    Timber trail all the way north to the parking lot, right? No cutting off at Kimmons, and we ride trails back across the valley, no roads. Just double checking.

How much are GPS devices?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Just got off the fastest Bobcat run I've ever done in my life. Holy **** the trails are in great shape. One week left till this one ends, bounty party at 34 Tuesday the 24th @ 8:30pm for the $125 payout to the fastest time down Ginny. Email your times to bounty@road34.com and feel free to ask me any questions you have....

Complete info at www.road34.com

So much F'ing fun....

Will

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    For those with smartphones that have GPS, you can use a "Tracker" a free app, or a similar app.

mtbr member
    I see used garmin vistas, etrex, legends etc.. on CL for less than a hundo all the time. In fact, I picked up a vista for $40. dude thought it was broken but it just needed a software update!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    It looks like we're gonna have to move the finish date for the Bobcat/Ginny bounty back one week due to the weather and the trail being closed for the past/next few days. Sucks but now you guys have until the 31st to drop your best time. Word.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Road34
    It looks like we're gonna have to move the finish date for the Bobcat/Ginny bounty back one week due to the weather and the trail being closed for the past/next few days. Sucks but now you guys have until the 31st to drop your best time. Word.
    Anyone under 12min this time?? Trail is gonna be sick in a couple days!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    12 min has been broken....