Results 1 to 43 of 43
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: breckseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    296

    3 Stage DH Race @ Sol Vista!

    Register Here!
    http://www.sportsbaseonline.com/even...tegoryId=28090

    Check the propoganda here:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/TripleDHip?ref=ts
    The best trails are STILL...

    www.breckepic.com
    http://mavsports.com/

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    33
    Sol Vista Bike Park in California? That's what it say's on the registration link.
    I'm assuming that's incorrect?!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: breckseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    296

    lol

    Quote Originally Posted by 26'er
    Sol Vista Bike Park in California? That's what it say's on the registration link.
    I'm assuming that's incorrect?!
    Little typo on SBO's part> should be cleared up today, but the race is in Grandby, Co.
    The best trails are STILL...

    www.breckepic.com
    http://mavsports.com/

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    33
    Good....I hate CA!

  5. #5
    ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Reputation: nhltfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    222
    looking forward to it!!! Hopefully the trails sort of dry out...has anybody been up to that area lately?

  6. #6
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,448
    It got dumped on yesterday...

  7. #7
    ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Reputation: nhltfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    222
    hopefully this means tacky perfect trails for the end of the month

    hopefully not something like this...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by nhltfour
    hopefully this means tacky perfect trails for the end of the month

    hopefully not something like this...

    oh man!! that looks like AWESOME conditions-- I love a good wet track

  9. #9
    Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Reputation: jasonvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    996
    The "live" camera hasn't been updated since Thursday, April 01, 2010 15:33:01

    Does anyone have a more recent image?


    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

  10. #10
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,448
    I believe they got around 8-10" two days ago and probably another inch last night. Just going by what my boss said who lives in Granby.

  11. #11
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,724
    I just talked with MT - he indicated that all the snow that fell yesterday has melted off already. There was another 1-2" of fresh this morning but he expects that to melt off pretty quickly as well.
    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  12. #12
    ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Reputation: nhltfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    222
    itll be perfect conditions. prolly a little muddy but with the way the dirt is up there....im thinkin super tacky instead.

    we're looking at some warm weather next week so that'll give SV plenty of time to build trails and have everything dry out.

    does anyone know if the road gap will be part of the race?

  13. #13
    Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Reputation: jasonvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    996
    I don't think the road gap is even part of a trail now.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

  14. #14
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonvelocity
    I don't think the road gap is even part of a trail now.
    What is this "the road gap" you people speak of? The jump near the bottom over the cat road just before the moto whoops?
    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  15. #15
    abnormally aspirated
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    543
    ^^thats my guess too... which, yeah I think is gone now.

  16. #16
    Mojo0115
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,667
    The new routing of the bottom since nationals took out the direct little road gap into the whoops and added new one with a table before hand.

    Always interesting to see how things look after the winter flatten and re-build.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    34
    We just started working in the dirt, yes dirt. Different spots have more moisture than others, but we are starting to get stuff in line. Joelalamo, please quit guessing about the weather here when you don't really know any facts. You boss in Granby has different weather than SolVista's mountain slopes. You would know this if you lived on the mountain. We are stoked to have this race and the whole crew here will make it an event to remember.

  18. #18
    ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Reputation: nhltfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by dhrace507
    We just started working in the dirt, yes dirt. Different spots have more moisture than others, but we are starting to get stuff in line. Joelalamo, please quit guessing about the weather here when you don't really know any facts. You boss in Granby has different weather than SolVista's mountain slopes. You would know this if you lived on the mountain. We are stoked to have this race and the whole crew here will make it an event to remember.

    any pics of the trails up there?? or is this top secret trail building right now

  19. #19
    Slopestyle Rider
    Reputation: joelalamo45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by dhrace507
    Joelalamo, please quit guessing about the weather here when you don't really know any facts. You boss in Granby has different weather than SolVista's mountain slopes. You would know this if you lived on the mountain.
    Wow you guys get butt hurt pretty easily.
    Last edited by joelalamo45; 05-17-2010 at 11:00 AM.

  20. #20
    ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Reputation: nhltfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    222
    hey does anybody know of any secluded camping areas in the surrounding national forest? Maybe not even secluded just away from everything so we dont have to pay for anything. ive been in the area plenty of times but just was wondering if anybody had any feedback on free camping spots in the area.

  21. #21
    Mojo0115
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by nhltfour
    hey does anybody know of any secluded camping areas in the surrounding national forest? Maybe not even secluded just away from everything so we dont have to pay for anything. ive been in the area plenty of times but just was wondering if anybody had any feedback on free camping spots in the area.

    I don't know of details around Granby but Winter Park has plenty up Vasquez Rd and you can probably find some near Fraiser as well.

    It would actually be pretty awesome if Sol Vista let people stay in the Aspens on their mountain like they do for bigger events (but let it be free for this one).

  22. #22
    ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Reputation: nhltfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    222
    yeah ive done that before but havent really looked into what they were doing for this race...hadnt really thought about that...maybe ill try to get in touch with someone from SV

  23. #23
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,535
    Quote Originally Posted by nhltfour
    yeah ive done that before but havent really looked into what they were doing for this race...hadnt really thought about that...maybe ill try to get in touch with someone from SV
    Just email info@bikesolvista.com (double check that off their website). It goes right to the guys and you'll get a response. They might be busy getting ready for opening in 2 weeks so don't expect one the same day.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

  24. #24
    ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Reputation: nhltfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by zzsean
    I don't know of details around Granby but Winter Park has plenty up Vasquez Rd and you can probably find some near Fraiser as well.

    It would actually be pretty awesome if Sol Vista let people stay in the Aspens on their mountain like they do for bigger events (but let it be free for this one).

    gonna try and find a spot up vasquez rd. but it being memorial day weekend I kind of want a back up plan. Especially if the weather is good. Where in the Frasier area can you camp fo free 99?

  25. #25
    Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Reputation: jasonvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    996
    Rumor has it there is camping past the Frasier DJ area. I never found it.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

  26. #26
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,724
    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  27. #27
    ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Reputation: nhltfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    222
    sounds like im sleeping in a two man tent on asphalt with my bike....that means no campfires im assuming. lol

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29
    Hi guys, figured I'd answer here since I've had a few emails. There will be camping offered across from the main parking lot. The camping area we used for the nationals is still way too waterlogged to go up there, so please don't. As always, if you want to camp, please refrain from making the fires.

    Can't wait to see everyone for a great, fun weekend. Remember, no USAC license required, so bring your new-to-dh friends.

  29. #29
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,535
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesolvista
    Hi guys, figured I'd answer here since I've had a few emails. There will be camping offered across from the main parking lot. The camping area we used for the nationals is still way too waterlogged to go up there, so please don't. As always, if you want to camp, please refrain from making the fires.

    Can't wait to see everyone for a great, fun weekend. Remember, no USAC license required, so bring your new-to-dh friends.
    Since everything is so wet are fires much of a hazard? I'm wondering if you guys could build a group fire pit like the other site, well maybe not that big. I'd be willing to help, I was going to get there earlier Friday anyway to avoid the traffic on I-70 that will be present over a holiday weekend. And I've got some old wood the wife wants me to get ride of that I could bring up too

    And the standard question...what trails are we racin'?
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

  30. #30
    ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Reputation: nhltfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    222
    Stage 1: The Stranger

    Stage 2 (chainless): Cheezit

    Stage 3: Buc Nasty.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FJDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by nhltfour
    Stage 1: The Stranger

    Stage 2 (chainless): Cheezit

    Stage 3: Buc Nasty.
    Ah-hah! the man with the inside scoop....

    So im assuming stranger is a new trail bc ive never heard of it or ridden it... and i was really hoping the chainless was going to be on silky, but cheezit should be interesting.

    And buc nasty... damn thats gonna be fun!

  32. #32
    ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Reputation: nhltfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by FJDan

    well what do ya know.....look who it is!!!

  33. #33
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,535
    Quote Originally Posted by nhltfour
    Stage 1: The Stranger

    Stage 2 (chainless): Cheezit

    Stage 3: Buc Nasty.
    I really want to see Drifter at some point. Rock gardens, ski run jump, high speed section. That would be a great course. Buc Nasty, while a good course, has been used many times already.

    And Cheezit chainless...I like where that is going.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fixtup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    262

    snow is no problem

    snow is no problem at solvista. from an hour ago - 3 Stage DH Race @ Sol Vista!-svwebcam.jpg
    The Fix Bikes

    The Fix Bikes

  35. #35
    ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Reputation: nhltfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by fixtup
    snow is no problem at solvista. from an hour ago - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SVwebcam.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	544958
    I wish i owned land like this in the front range to build some DH trails. A trail builders playground. Cant wait to be there in less than a week

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    309
    Hopefully, Sol Vista will have an updated trail map this season. Can't wait for them to open

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MikeMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    392

    Couple more details

    You guys probably already know this but...

    - Every registrant gets a new chain from SRAM
    - the winners of the chainless stage on Cheezit walk with a new set of brakes. Also from SRAM
    - "The Unsinkables" are playing on Sunday night (punk/ska)
    - got some sweet stuff from Jett MTB to give away as prizes
    - all categories paying out CASH in lieu of awards
    - the website is LIVE: www.tripleDHip.com

    Looking forward to it - MM
    Last edited by MikeMac; 05-25-2010 at 06:57 PM.
    Support Open Space!

  38. #38
    formerly Nomad rdr
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMac
    - the winners of the chainless stage on Silky walk with a new set of brakes. Also from SRAM
    Is the chainless on cheezit or silky?

  39. #39
    Mojo0115
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn W.
    Is the chainless on cheezit or silky?
    The tripledhip facebook page has confirmation that chainless is on Cheezit. I would imagine because Silky would need maintenance that might not be assured of being completed in time whereas Cheezit will be good to go and still a lot of fun.
    Last edited by zzsean; 05-25-2010 at 01:48 PM.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MikeMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    392
    My bad (and my good I guess because I wrote all the website copy too). Chainless IS on Cheezit - not Silky. MM
    Support Open Space!

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: doc gravity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMac
    You guys probably already know this but...

    - Every registrant gets a new chain from SRAM
    - the winners of the chainless stage on Silky walk with a new set of brakes. Also from SRAM
    - "The Unsinkables" are playing on Sunday night (punk/ska)
    - got some sweet stuff from Jett MTB to give away as prizes
    - all categories paying out CASH in lieu of awards
    - the website is LIVE: www.tripleDHip.com

    Looking forward to it - MM
    Any chance I can rent Boo to be a team mate for whatever eating contest Matty is putting together?

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MikeMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    392
    Doc - I'd say that you might have the advantage of insider knowledge. The prednazone has sent his appetite through the roof.

    See you there!
    Support Open Space!

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FJDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    45
    Cannot...wait...for...this weekend...

    So stoked!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •