mtbr member

3 sisters from monday

A couple buddies and I went to 3 sisters for a nice ride. Found some new trails and ended up a decent ways away from the car at night. Glad I had my AMOEBA headlight. Conditions where we went were nice. There was a lot of snow/ice but there wasn't mud that day. If you head up there on a cooler day be careful with the ice. On a warm day there could be a good portion of mud

Light freak
    Loving that last picture!!

not actually bad :)
    Nice one Aaron.
    I heart 3 Sisters.
    Good thing you had the Amoeba!
    Old Codger

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy!
    Nice one Aaron.
    I heart 3 Sisters.
    Good thing you had the Amoeba!
    1 light for 3 bikers, I was glad also. Made the ride just that much more interesting!

mtbr member
    Nice! I just missed you all. Got out there Thursday. Got on trail about 4p and was surprised how much light we have now the days are getting longer. Started to turn around about 5 or so and made it back to car at 5:30 with no lights.

I'd estimate in all the trials are about 60% dirt, the rest hardpack snow and ice. South and west facing trails were the driest, about 80% dry with just 10-15 foot stretches of snow/ice. The north were the snowiest, about 30% dry.

Funrover is spot on: any colder that hardpack turns to death cookies, any warmer it gets muddy. It was about 35 F in shade, 40F in sun when I went. The wet dirt sections were just a shade more solid than tacky but could get to soup when it warms up.

I rode 2.5 Panaracer Fire Pro on the front and a 2.4 Conti Survival on the back and - in several spots - was wishing I had studs.

Great pics Funrover!

Lookin' good! Evergreen Mtn & Summit loop must be mostly snow pack? Trails are in better shape than I woulda guessed. Thanks for the recon.