Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1

    3 New Trails in Snowmass

    Here is the article from the local paper a few weeks ago.
    http://www.snowmasssun.com/article/2...profile=search

    Snowmass is adding 3 newly constructed trails to open later this summer. follow this blog for updates to the trails.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowmassFan
    Here is the article from the local paper a few weeks ago.
    http://www.snowmasssun.com/article/2...profile=search

    Snowmass is adding 3 newly constructed trails to open later this summer. follow this blog for updates to the trails.
    This should probably be in the Western Slope section.

    Anyway, I hope Snowmass can pull it off, but I have my doubts. They opened the gondola last year and did a mediocre job rebuilding Snowmass Way and worked on a trail called Sequel which was shut down after a couple weeks. I'll be stoked and amazed if the new gravity logic trail is anywhere close to as good as flow trails like A-line and Silky Johnson.

    What exactly is the Vapor trail? The article makes it sound like there is 2.5 miles of "gravity trail" above the new GL trail.

    Personally, I think lift served biking on Snowmass is a lost cause and I'd rather see new singletrack trails elsewhere in the upper valley.

  3. #3
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny
    This should probably be in the Western Slope section.

    Anyway, I hope Snowmass can pull it off, but I have my doubts...and amazed if the new gravity logic trail is anywhere close to as good as flow trails like A-line and Silky Johnson.

    Personally, I think lift served biking on Snowmass is a lost cause.
    Whoa there Mr. Negative. Lots of us here in Denver who race LOVE Snowmass. That DH course is my favorite on the series.

    It doesn't have berms and isn't like anything at Winter Park. Wide open off camber corners on ski runs, tight trees in some spots, steep techy sections with rocks, lots of awesome. Build another one of those, an intermediate trail or two then throw in a flowy bermed one and they've got something there.

    I like the idea of taking a weekend to ride somewhere instead of always driving up and back from Denver. People do it for Angel Fire and Snowmass is 2 hours closer.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Whoa there Mr. Negative. Lots of us here in Denver who race LOVE Snowmass. That DH course is my favorite on the series.
    That DH course is only open for the race.

  5. #5
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny
    That DH course is only open for the race.
    That's true but they opened it 2 summers ago for 1 weekend and I know several who went for a day just to ride that 1 trail. Open that and make another similar one and I'll go.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    That's true but they opened it 2 summers ago for 1 weekend and I know several who went for a day just to ride that 1 trail. Open that and make another similar one and I'll go.
    Not gonna happen. They only want to run the Gondola during the summer.

  7. #7
    Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Reputation: jasonvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    994
    That would also be acceptable. The "sway" side is pretty meek, but could make for some excellent 6" bike action.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

  8. #8
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny
    Not gonna happen. They only want to run the Gondola during the summer.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •