Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks, hirschmj. I rode a Krampus at the Salvagetti/Surly demo, but there wasn't any snow to try it in at the time. I mostly ride road, but I'm planning on doing more mountain biking. My all-purpose roadie is a Surly LHT with 2" Schwalbe Marathon Supremes - great for commuting and awesome for all of the metro area paths/roads.

My only mountain bike is an old, heavy Trek 820. I'm considering a Necro or a Krampus and keep leaning back and forth between the two. The Necro Pug would be better for the snow, but I think the Krampus might fill more roles for me, since I'm looking for a bike to handle year-round Colorado mountain biking duty.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep

hey maybe i can upload pics again!

2013 Beerd Belly Ride -With more Belly this year!! Jan. 1 Elk Meadow Upper lot-dscf0752.jpg
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

and just like that- no more pics

says security token missing -

File upload error wtf!!

the blog

I work in .001 tolerances
    *almost* every tire/wheel size represented here

Quote Originally Posted by HomegrownMN View Post
    *almost* every tire/wheel size represented here

all we needed was folds n half!

sorry im trying to get my pics uploaded

the blog

2013 Beerd Belly Ride -With more Belly this year!! Jan. 1 Elk Meadow Upper lot-dscf0743.jpg

2013 Beerd Belly Ride -With more Belly this year!! Jan. 1 Elk Meadow Upper lot-dscf0731.jpg

the blog

Chairman of the Beard
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoClark View Post
    Thanks, hirschmj. I rode a Krampus at the Salvagetti/Surly demo, but there wasn't any snow to try it in at the time. I mostly ride road, but I'm planning on doing more mountain biking. My all-purpose roadie is a Surly LHT with 2" Schwalbe Marathon Supremes - great for commuting and awesome for all of the metro area paths/roads.

My only mountain bike is an old, heavy Trek 820. I'm considering a Necro or a Krampus and keep leaning back and forth between the two. The Necro Pug would be better for the snow, but I think the Krampus might fill more roles for me, since I'm looking for a bike to handle year-round Colorado mountain biking duty.

Those Schwalbe Marathons don't give a F, you can ride on razorwire all day long and not get flats.

If I wanted a fatbike as my do everything front range year round mountain bike, it'd be between the Krampus and the Beargrease. That Pugs is way cool but heavy for summer riding, the Beargrease drops like 6-8 pounds off your standard fatbike weight and at 28.5 pounds it really makes all-season riding a reality. The Krampus is 1x10, so keep that in mind.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

well here are a couple more pics

2013 Beerd Belly Ride -With more Belly this year!! Jan. 1 Elk Meadow Upper lot-dscf0729.jpg

2013 Beerd Belly Ride -With more Belly this year!! Jan. 1 Elk Meadow Upper lot-dscf0728.jpg

the blog

and the belly shot

2013 Beerd Belly Ride -With more Belly this year!! Jan. 1 Elk Meadow Upper lot-dscf0747.jpg

im still rockin a tan

the blog

Not-quite-geezer RVer
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    all we needed was folds n half!
    Would have loved to have been there for that one--looks like a blast! Maybe next year! Gotta start workin' on both me beeerd and me belly NOW to match some of that largesse though, wow!

No snow in Austin this year, but here's one of the 20s in action after the Great Texas Blizzard of 2011:

Snows maybe once a decade here, yet only one other person in the whole damn town showed up to ride the trails that day... I am proud to say, however, that at least it turned out to be a buddy of mine.

Cheers,
    Carey
    "Rollin' on 20s and 27.5s" ride reports and more at WWW.DEBCAR.COM : Debbie and Carey's RV Travel Website

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4