mtbr member
    Apr 2010

2010 Tahoe-Sierra 100

Itís time to start thinking about the 2010 Tahoe-Sierra 100, a unique and challenging ultra mountain bike race in the high sierras. This year boasts 6 more miles of singletrack, with removal of the paved section from last year. Starting and ending at the Ice Lakes Lodge in Serene Lakes, CA, near Soda Springs and the town of Truckee.

For amazing vistas and picturesque racing for mere mortals, the 50 mile version is the perfect (and still challenging) option. Either race option will be an unforgettable and exciting event with good people, amazing riding, smooth organization, and excellent support: the race of a lifetime.

For more info, check out the organizerís website:
    http://www.globalbiorhythmevents.com...-sierra-50100/

See you there!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    This race will be one of several qualifying event options for next year's big event: The Western States Epic 100! It's going to be staged as the toughest MTB race in the country, featuring 19,500ft of climbing paired with 22,000ft of descending on a course of 75% single track. It's a point-to-point race with a 16hr cut off. And a major river crossing via zip line! More information coming...

Thread Terrorist
    There for a second I thought this was an inquiry to buy a chevy or GMC truck.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'm told that the full 100 mile course will be posted on the website within the next two weeks. There is to be more single track and more of the high Sierra vistas that Sean has tantalized us with. There is also to be be prize money awarded in both 50 and 100 groups! But be aware that the race fees will increase the longer you wait to register.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Confirmed and undecided Tahoe-Sierra 50/100 racers: I'm trying to get an idea of the number of people racing, what you're anticipating, what concerns you may have, etc. After talking with Jimmy, I have a pretty good idea of what racers can expect on race day: less moon dust, reduction of babyhead rocks on some climbs, some cattle roaming. It sounds idyllic, especially with the weather we've been having (read: not as dry and dusty overall) and can expect to have.

Apparently the course is nearly all marked out with bright pink ribbon. More singletrack keeps getting added, and Jimmy is going to have an updated map posted on the Global Biorhythms website this week.

Race registration closes on September 10. Good luck folks!

mtbr member
    wow your bring the good ol california race out to Colorado!! Awesome can't wait
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    There for a second I thought this was an inquiry to buy a chevy or GMC truck.
    Shite that's what I thought!!!!!