mtbr member
    Apr 2008

2010 Carmichael Training Int Classic... Are you kidding me?

So I just went over to Sand Creek Sports website to get some info. on the 2010 Carmichael Training International Classic registration. $105 entry fee for a Cat 2 racer. Are you kidding me? I mean I had fun last year but not $105 worth. Why the bump in price? I was really looking forward to this race. However, I'm out.
    " 25 + years as a Type 1 Diabetic"
    TYPE1RIDER.org

Living Large in Germany
    Sep 2008
    Chadbmx462,

Yup I understand your concern, however the price is for 3 days of racing this year. All the categories will be doing the stage race. The amateur categories will do the TT on Friday, a short cross country on Saturday (same course as 2009), and a longer cross country on Sunday (same course as 2008). I hope you reconsider your decision.

Thanks,
    Matt Benassi
    Venue Director

banned
    Oct 2008
    Three days (same price as last year x 3 days) at that venue? I'm in!

Probably the best racing in Colorado, including Nationals, all year!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Matt,

That does sound good for 3 days of racing. However, how about the ones that can't commit 3 days? Or the logistics.? I would have to stay down there for 2 nights or drive down from Littleton each day. Just not possible for me. I was really stoked about the XC race, oh well. It really is a good deal for those interested in all 3 events. I'm quite sure there are alot of "ams" that aren't in to 3 days , though.
    " 25 + years as a Type 1 Diabetic"
    TYPE1RIDER.org

Living Large in Germany
    Sep 2008
    Chadbmx462,

We thought about all the options and we discussed the very concerns you have. At the end of the day we thought it was important to offer something a little different than most mtb races in Colorado and decided upon the stage race format. We most likely will have all the top pro's in the country, a cool vendor/expo area and some really great racing. Hopefully it'll be one heck of a good time.

A race you might consider is the May 22 Palmer Park single day race that we are putting on as well. We've tentatively changed the course from last fall and this one should be epic. It will definitely include some of the most technically challenging trails in the park.

Best of luck in your racing this year,
    Matt Benassi
    Venue Director