Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mythical Creature

2008 MSC Schedule: Details soon...?

Mike / Evan and all the other MSC studs and studettes, how's the site update coming? Starting to itch for a bit more racing this year, and the MSC events are always first-choice. Any info on event schedules yet? Like which days what races / disciplines / CAT's are happening? I see Darner has some good info on Chalk Creek up at his Yeti / RPM site - which is cool (there's a chance for XC hammers to race C.C. on Saturday, and come down to Santa Fe to race our 'La Tierra Torture' race on Sunday if they are completely nuts) but I don't see any other details yet - like for Fruita (how cool!!!) Angel Fire and the other earlier season events.

Us old married pharts with kids need a lot of time to plan for these excursions, ya know!

Anyhow - I know ya'll must be slammed, and hope everything is looking good - especially that insane CO epic event...
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    i emailed mike last night but i am still waiting on a reply. I am sure he will write back soon.

I am like you though. i need to go ahead and make my plans for first few races.

Mythical Creature
    Mike Mac is awesome - and surely will chime in soon. Just thought we could bug him a bit in the meantime!

g
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    I think i bugged him enough last year. I am trying to tread lightly this year. But yes, he is a good dude and I am sure he is working is arse off to get everything finalized.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Just got an email from mike and he said the first race, Fruita, is confirmed. He also said the new site is coming soon.

That works for me. The rest I can book after he post the new site

Awesomist™
    We're gonna roll out the site in stages, you can peep the new stuff as of last night, depending on where you live the new site should be live. (We switched servers so some places might not get the new server for a day or two).

Today we're working on migrating the results section over to the new server and integrating it into the new layout. We're also getting those forums back online, and they'll be new and improved over year's past... not that they were bad before but they'll be better now as we're moving to the same forum system used here at MTBR and at Ridemonkey.

There's your update, we'll keep chipping away at it.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Awesomist™
    I also realize there's limited info on the events right now, really nothing other than dates and disciplines offered. I'm working on pulling last year's info from a database backup prior to the old site getting hacked so MikeMac can edit and update for 2008.

Thanks guys!

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    The iste looks great. So does the new info.

Good job!!!! Man i am stoked about this race season!!!!

Mythical Creature
    Very cool! Nice work - new design looks sharp, and I'm stoked (even if I can't go, which is likely) about Fruita. I still miss Moab, but c'est la vie.

I was curious, mainly about Angel Fire - as I wanted to see if I could be Like Ned Overend and race IH and CC the same weekend!

Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    I also realize there's limited info on the events right now, really nothing other than dates and disciplines offered. I'm working on pulling last year's info from a database backup prior to the old site getting hacked so MikeMac can edit and update for 2008.

Thanks guys!
    follow me on Twitter!

mutaullyassuredsuffering

?

Thanks for the COMotion props on the header page!

One question for Mike and Co. In the 2008 rules, It still says winner based upon 10 of 12 races. There are now 14 races....How many will count? 11?
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by used2Bhard
    Thanks for the COMotion props on the header page!

One question for Mike and Co. In the 2008 rules, It still says winner based upon 10 of 12 races. There are now 14 races....How many will count? 11?
    I could be wrong, but i think it is because not all events include endurance races. The rules you are speaking of are the rules for endurance.

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkenn
    I could be wrong, but i think it is because not all events include endurance races. The rules you are speaking of are the rules for endurance.
    This is correct, but I'll make sure that Mike checks his math. Also, some of that stuff may or may not be completely updated with the transition... but Mike is in there now updating content today and playing with our new and improved CMS. Also, Database Guy 5000 is porting the results and rankings from years past onto the new server... stoked for where that is going!

Punch it, Chewie.

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Nope

Rabbit Valley, TT and XC
    Chalk Creek, XC and STXC
    Angel fire, XC
    Solvista, XC
    CB, XC
    Snowmass, XC
    Telluride, XC and HC
    Eldora, XC and STXC
    Breck, XC, CR, and HC

15 events...I miscounted before. 12 of 15 maybe?
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    dang you are right. My bad, i miscounted as well. I am sure mike is working on it.

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Wow

dang you are right. My bad, i miscounted as well. I am sure mike is working on it.

Yup,

Lots of commitment this year. I think just completeing all events will get youon the overall podium no matter how you finish! Unfortunately, I won't be one of those....

Awesomist™
    DB Guy 5000 rocked the results from year's past and they are now back online. If you see anything that looks wonky, please don't freak out - rather shoot Mike or myself an email or private message so we can get it taken care of. Certain things surely got lost in translation from the old host to the new one.

I'll be working on getting the forums back online this weekend, I'll post it up when I think I've got it figured out.

Excellent!

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    DB Guy 5000 rocked the results from year's past and they are now back online. If you see anything that looks wonky, please don't freak out - rather shoot Mike or myself an email or private message so we can get it taken care of. Certain things surely got lost in translation from the old host to the new one.

I'll be working on getting the forums back online this weekend, I'll post it up when I think I've got it figured out.

Excellent!
    Or do freak out. After last year there's not much that can faze us...
    Support Open Space!

Awesomist™
    Hey everyone... the MSC forums are back online and kicking it, and we'd like you to get in there and take a look around at the new version. Please keep in mind that we're still not QUITE done integrating the forums visually with the rest of the site, but it might help if you could take a look and see if there's anything missing. If you had a username and password from the old RaceMSC forums, it should have transferred, let me know if not.

http://www.racemsc.com/forums/

We migrated from phpBB (which is a free bulletin board system) to vBulletin (which we paid for) and I just want to make sure most (if not all) of the data transferred. vBulletin is what MTBR and Ridemonkey both use, so we thought it would make sense to go that route as well - since our customers are already used to the level of functionality on these boards.

Thanks guys!

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Dude the site looks great!!!

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    "The 2008 Keystone Climax has officially been cancelled"

Anyone have a link where I can find more information? I couldn't find anything on the Keystone site.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonvelocity
    "The 2008 Keystone Climax has officially been cancelled"

Anyone have a link where I can find more information? I couldn't find anything on the Keystone site.
    This is all I know, straight form the RaceMSC site...

http://www.racemsc.com/events/keystoneclimax.html

Punch it, Chewie.

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Yeah, I saw that. There is a part that says to click the link for more info, but alas, no link.

Here is a post from Mike on ridemonkey that insinuates that Keystone may be up and down all summer: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...42&postcount=6
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

mtbr member
    Got a quasi-solution in the works...

Option A: Keystone drops out, we add no replacement venue
    Option B: The Enduro we've got scheduled at Snowmass on August 9-10 enters the series. The format is total vertical feet (actually, laps plus time, just like a 24-hour XC race)
    Option C: We change the format to a G3 and add it to the series

Snowmass is planning on booking a decent act for the weekend - last I heard Cypress Hill and/or Lyrics Born were being tossed around. If we do choose to add the event it would be gravity only and the concert would be free or next to free.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Oh yeah, there's the possibility that we'd still be able to run an enduro in the early fall at a venue that might surprise you...
    Support Open Space!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Snowmass would rock. It would be fun to have a G3 type race at snowmass...the results would be...competitive. Short courses make it so you can't win unless you have 3 flawless races.
    2011 Sponsors: Rocky Mountain Racing, Golden Bike Shop, WTB

mtbr member
    Prepare for longer courses at Snowmass. They're talking about from the top of Tom's Knob all the way down to the lower village.

MM
    Support Open Space!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast