non-gumbyish
    Nov 2005

2005 Boxxer help

I know that there is a suspension forum, but more people will see this, this way. I have a 2005 Boxxer and need a different spring for it. What I need is a soft (silver colored dot on it) spring. Does anyone know of a bike shop that carries springs, or does anyone have one I can buy. All of the shops that I have called can order them but it will take 1-2 weeks and I have procrastinated to long and need one for the Sol Vista race Aug1-3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by ctaylor05
    I know that there is a suspension forum, but more people will see this, this way. I have a 2005 Boxxer and need a different spring for it. What I need is a soft (silver colored dot on it) spring. Does anyone know of a bike shop that carries springs, or does anyone have one I can buy. All of the shops that I have called can order them but it will take 1-2 weeks and I have procrastinated to long and need one for the Sol Vista race Aug1-3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I would recommend Peak Cycles (bikeparts.com) but it looks like they're out of stock.

http://www.bikeparts.com/search_resu...p?ID=BPC113735

I'd call them anyway to see how long it'd actually take.

how heavy are you ??

its simple

Mojo wheels!

rr
    I don't do PC
    Chris- I have the stock spring that came with my Boxxer('08), I think it would work for you at your size, I went with a firm spring for my weight.

non-gumbyish
    Nov 2005
    Thanks Rick, but the 05 boxxer is designed to be sprung from both sides, so I dont know if that would work.

locked - time out
    May 2005
    I am seeking silver or white springs for a 2005 Boxxer WC, will pay good money can you help out? PM Me!

Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Is the '05 a 7" or 8"? I have a couple of springs laying around, although I don't know if they are 6" or 7" (my first Boxxer was a '99 with 6" and then I had an '03).

I'll measure them tonight and let you know the colors and length.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    Is the '05 a 7" or 8"? I have a couple of springs laying around, although I don't know if they are 6" or 7" (my first Boxxer was a '99 with 6" and then I had an '03).

'03 is a 7". But you might be able to slip in a spacer + some preload discs to make it work for an 8" setup. That spacer I'm referring to is a white plastic bit ~ 3/4 (0.75) inch long & can be found on the top of a 7" Boxxer. Lengthwise, I think the 7" spring+white plastic spacer is the same as the 8" spring only. So, OP, you might want to give a go w/ the 8" single sideed spring setup. I do not believe the '05 has tapered stanchies.

Besides spring length, I think the only other difference as far as the guts go, is the spring seat/piston length. The lowers has longer bushings in the 8" version to deal w/ the longer piston, but you '05 is good to go w/ respect to that.

Mojo should have light single sided springs on hand since there are so many little tikes riding for them.

Plz let me know how it goes.

Edit: there may be another black plastic piecein the base of the spring on the compression side. Pull that out & drop your 8" spring in that leg. Trial fit the top of the compression cart to the spring first to make sure it fits. Good luck!

bike rider
    What's this about a Sol Vista race? No info on their site. Sun-Tues seems like weird days for a race.
    Keep the Country country.

locked - time out
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian

I am looking to paypal you for silver or white coils that will fit a 8" 2005... thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0