mtbr member
    Sep 2004

... and if we just ... 2 sleezebags at the backbone last Saturday

Last Saturday, was a great day for a ride, and the Backbone was full of hikers and riders.
    Heres the problem, you two bozos took the foor travel only path !!!
    Its well marked, and I know you've vbeen to the bone before.
    I was sick and about ready to puke, so I didn't have a chance to tell you myself.
    Your going to screw it up for all of us, several hikers said to me,, isn't that a foot path only.
    My reply was to apologize for the two of you, and to say that you two morons were the exception to the great people that ride the bone/blue sky.
    Rider #1 was on a black enduro with about a foot of seat post out, rider #2 was on a Trek fuel, you went out east on Eisenhower.
    I hope to see you there again, as I will make it known to you that your actions were stupid and the rangers are going to see the tracks, and guess what they'll so oh great, BIKERS.
    I have a tip that those two may also be the same ones riding there at night, more bad PR for all us bikers. anyone who knows these guys may want to give them some tips on not being idiots !!!!!!!!! PEACE

Rolling
    Are you talking about the trail that goes to the keyhole, near the parking lot?

Or the one near the top that goes north around the hill to hunters?

Shattering Glass
    Chill dude,
    I'm sure the rangers tolerate oh so much and the first couple times I rode there I mistakingly took the wrong path and self corrected. Malicious trail users vs a little ignorance is discernible and nothing to blow a fuse over. It happens everywhere. I'm sure some hikers made them aware of their actions and I occasionally do trailside etiquette.

Old, stale, negative
    Easy man, love the intend here but the anger reminds me of why we are at war right now. You could handle your issue better and get a lot more done. Not flaming in any way, I was there and frankly it was to muddy for any of us so let's just chill on the high horse for a minute. I was wrong for riding and so were you. They made a mistake but so did you. So let's not shot first ask questions later. Let's have an open forum a to fix the problem not shot at our fellow riders without giving them a chance to defend themselves. BTW Heil was clean as a whistle today, so that's an option.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Quit Whining

i remember not to long ago some else *****ing about the same issue at the same trail while he was also "poaching" said trail lets quit the whining and hypocrisy lately these forums have been lame full of crying lets get back to talks of good ride discussions encouragement and sweet pictures my rant is over

giving you the option of reading and not skimming
    done lurking

desire good threads; I do

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    done lurking

desire good threads; I do

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by WuHaAaaT
    i remember not to long ago some else *****ing about the same issue at the same trail while he was also "poaching" said trail lets quit the whining and hypocrisy lately these forums have been lame full of crying lets get back to talks of good ride discussions encouragement and sweet pictures my rant is over

giving you the option of reading and not skimming
    You forgot these :
    I. L. T,. L,,! M!

pin 'er up

Oh, sleezebags...

...I thought you said sleepingbags.
    Hmmm, another threat about how bikers s*ck, great. Next time maybe man-up and breath so you can talk to these individuals on the trail...instead of airing that here. Just a thought, happy trails!!
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I *heart* you all!
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member

Them riders need to CHILL!

I will chime in! I was on the trail Saturday or Sunday, canít remember, but had two incidents where bikers were flying past hikers (from behind), and were not yielding to uphill traffic (me).

The local DBB group I ride with is pretty involved in trail work (3 - 4 times a year), and we are supper chill when hikers are around. We already had part of the DBB closed to mtn bikers, and spent some time getting it reopened. This is also the case for HTMP.

I can guarantee you that these two fools were NOT from the area.

Chill out when you ride these trails folks. Youíre creating issues that we will spend countless hours trying to clean up. This is why Boulder basically has no local trails to ride because you screwed it up for yourselves...