DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

2 hour ride from Colorado College campus in Colorado Springs

Hiya,

I'm up here this week for a class for work. I'll have some free time tomorrow and I'm hoping to get a ride in. I can drive if I have too, but I'm hoping to just ride from the campus. Some XC singletrack would be great. I'm on an XC full-susser. I just did the Bailey Hundo this past weekend, and usually race Cat 1 XC, if that will help with suggestions. I'm hoping to get in a nice solid 2-hour ride on some of this sweet singletrack I heard about up here! Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
    Don
    "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion."-Jack Kerouac

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    We used to do our weekly rides from CC, and we rode to just about every trail system in town. For XC Singletrack, I would recommend the Falcon Trail at the AFA (ride west from campus down to Monument Valley Park, follow that trail north until it becomes the Santa Fe trail--keep riding the Santa Fe all the way to the AFA North Gate and enter the Academy. Ride up the road to the B-52 and then look for the trail to start in the Boy Scout camp area to the south of the plane (there is an opening in the gate and the trail goes down a short hill and under a bridge). Once you get from the B-52 trail to the main loop, it is a 12 mile loop. I like counterclockwise myself (better downhill), but people ride the loop both ways.

Have fun!

Edit: if you don't want to do that many miles, I'd suggest Red Rocks Open space. Ride Monument Valley South to the Rockline trail (I think--it didn't have a name when we rode it) and take that west to Hwy 24 and 31st street. You will see the trailhead on 31st Street west of Rudy's BBQ.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I say hit Tejon to Cheyenne Canyon Blvd. Start at the Chutes ride up Gold Camp to Captain Jacks and then back down. Used to do that quite a bit when I lived downtown. Other suggestion is north on Santa Fe trail to Mark Dabling and hit Ute Valley for some loops or go further down to USAFA for the Falcon Trail. Instead of going all the way to the North Gate, veer off at Ice Lake parking lot (about .5 miles when you enter USAFA) and shoot across the high school to connect to Falcon Trail at the Fire Station. Less miles and your on the trail faster but you have to hit the road for a mile or two...

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    That's my standard answer too, but since he doesn't know where he's going, that might be a little difficult (also why I sent him to the B-52--it's easy to find the trailhead there).

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
    I say hit Tejon to Cheyenne Canyon Blvd. Start at the Chutes ride up Gold Camp to Captain Jacks and then back down.
    This is what I was thinking. This was my go-to when I was at CC.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DLd View Post
    Hiya,
    Suggestions appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Don
    Routes from downtown are in my sig.