mtbr member
    Mar 2012

2 days: epic xc rides, camping and hotsprings

Two days in early august are free and clear. Looking to do some 15-25 plus xc rides. Smooth trails and epic views are pluses! Looking for dispersed or mellow camping for me and my truckcamper. Ideally located near some post-ride hotspring soak locations. Ideally within 3 hours of denver.
    Ideas?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike_mech View Post
    Two days in early august are free and clear. Looking to do some 15-25 plus xc rides. Smooth trails and epic views are pluses! Looking for dispersed or mellow camping for me and my truckcamper. Ideally located near some post-ride hotspring soak locations. Ideally within 3 hours of denver.
    Ideas?

Thanks!
    When I first read your post I thought it said "two weeks". Two days? I was gonna say just hang around Crested Butte for the entire time and get to know the area...but there's a day of driving roundtrip there.

Oh yeah, "smooth trails" and hot springs too? Looking forward to where you wind up going so I'll know next time!
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Paste eater
    Honestly, I'd just stay on the Front Range with that time frame. I suppose it's all relative, but there are all sorts of options for smooth trails and hundreds (thousands?) of miles of trail within a couple hours of Denver. Buffalo Creek alone could keep you busy for a couple days with smooth ST.

Centennial Cone also comes to mind. Park at Mayhem gultch and you'll have no problems making it a 15 mile loop and it's very smooth - almost mind numbingly smooth.
    Last edited by Jwind; 07-16-2013 at 08:54 PM.