Thread: 2/3 Day Ride

mtbr member

2/3 Day Ride

Hoping to do a multi day riding trip with my girl friend next summer and need suggestions. Were are some good "trails" that will be relatively easy, yet a lot of fun at the same time, that will last a good couple of days. Preferably within half an hour from the denver/metro area.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Hop on the Colorado Trail? That's one option off the top of my head. Not sure if it will be "easy." But it will fill your requirement for 2 to 3 days. Another option is to load up on maps and start planning out a dirt road route.

mtbr member

Does it have to be 1/2 hour away?

Have you thought about going to Moab and riding the White Rim? Definitely off road, probably more like 3-4 days (though there are tons of people who do it in a day), nothing too difficult, and beautiful views. The only downsides are it is about 5 hours away and there are not a lot of bail out options once you get started.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Sorry for the hijack, but I would like some info on that white rim trail. Is there any water on it at all? I've hiked down to it a couple of times and it seems way too dry, but I've always wanted to ride the loop. It would seem that to ride this you would need to bring along 2 gallons / person / day at least! There must be potholes somewhere out there...

Thread Terrorist
    Unless you go completely self supported, or cache your stuff, finding water will be hard (unless you come across other that will donate some to you).

If you and your girlfriend want to have a really good multi-day experience, I suggest getting hooked up with Rim Tours out of Moab. My wife and I did it, and whoa, is that ever the way to go. They fix your meals, shuttle you in (and out).... all you have to do is ride your bike and setup your tent!

We're going to do one again next year for sure. we did The Maze, and it was absolutely amazing and extremely remote (not easy doing it yourself).

IE

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    You biked in the maze?