Goat of Legend

1st Ride in a Month...

Today I got my 1st ride in a month. Bought a house, starting school, problems with new house, bikes are down needing repairs all led to a fella who didn't want to ride even though I really needed it.

So today I went to Golden Bike Shop, rented a Salsa Beargrease and did a ride from home...half a mile and I'm on dirt and even if it is Bear Creek Lake Park, man, all I did was giggle.

P1090491

not even a mile from the house I spot a Coyote and we dance a little

P1090481

All greased and ready to shred some snow

P1090484

One of my favorite pieces of track in the park

P1090488

Northwave Arctic Celcius Winter Shoes...proven reliable...dry and warm feet applaud!

P1090490

Even the bit of dry dirt I found was fun on the monster truck tires

P1090499

Yup, that was a fun 12 miles. Let's do it again tomorrow at the Beerd Belly!

lucky enough
    dancing with coyotes well played.
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

I'm with stupid
    The feet in the water pic made me laugh. I bet you glad you are back on the bike for at least tomorrow.

Goat of Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    The feet in the water pic made me laugh. I bet you glad you are back on the bike for at least tomorrow.
    There was a way to avoid the water. What kind of mountain biker would of that made me? Besides, I had to test the new shoes for water intrusion. Happy feet make a happy rider!!

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Congrats mge!! Looks like a successful ride on the fatty. Congrats on the new house, and hope you get all the problems fixed quickly. If you ever need a recovery ride, feel free to bring a tow-rope and you can drag me around GM! I bet I could keep up if I were tied to something fast - like a motorcycle or a snowmobile or you!!

My cup runneth over
    Sounds like we are neighbors (I am just north of Bear Creek Lake park). I have to thank you for two things:
    1. Artic Celsius recommendation - purchased based on your thread started here and 2. an early year posting of the Morisson monster ride - inspired me to try it even though I was (greatly) intimidated by the distance and elevation gain (to the extent that I made it a bucket list ride) - rode it three times this fall - Thank you.

mtbr member
    Sick pictures! love that Salsa..

mtbr member
    Fat bikes are sweet!!! I have one on the wish list. Will there be one in your collection soon?