giddy up

1st Annual Old Colorado City Fat Tire Festival

I just wanted to start a new thread regarding the fat tire festival that is in its planning stages. There is obviously more than enough interest which is awesome. I have some really good news coming from our good friends at Oskar Blues Brewery (makers of Dales' Pale Ale and Old Chub among others). Dale himself has comitted to bringing the Pimp Hooptie (RV) with the tow behind grill and offer up beer and beer can chicken. If you haven't had this chicken you really owe to yourself to be there and eat it. Chris (Dale's brother) is the master chicken chef and dominates it.

So we officially have a commitment from Dale and the crew for June 15th. Now we need a venue for the after festivities. If there is anyone that has ideas of where in the city we can have an event like this, please pass them along. I know all city parks ban alcohol but it is possible to apply for a one day license for special events through the town hall. I think this has gotten enough attention that it would be in the cities best interest to promote this type of event to bring cyclists/tourists to town and show off the excellent trail network they have and simply get people together to have good time. The gazette has contacted us and wants to do a story about it so I think we really has something good going here.

Again we are still in early planning stages so there may be a small fee per person that we could set up through active.com to help offset the costs for Oskar Blues and other resources required.

So with that said, we will keep everyone posted on this event because its definitely gonna go off in some form or fashion.

Thanks to everyone for their interest and we could definitely use volunteers to help with setup and clean up. These are the essentials that make events go well and keep the city happy to let us to do this year in and year out.

I believe Aaron is going to setup a website for this event where we will post updates and a forum to discuss the details.

So mark the calendars and spread the word.....

mtbr member

there's riding in CO SPRINGS?

you mean to tell me the inflex, er, infucables have been keeping this to themselves all this time?

you heard it here first: co springs is the new golden; can you say "road trip"...
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

rr
    I don't do PC
    OK, our gravel paths are epic, there, the cat's out of the bag

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    OK, our gravel paths are epic, there, the cat's out of the bag
    Rick's right. Cross bikes own out here.

What happened to the group ride idea? I liked that idea. It was free, had no publicity (which has the potential to be as negative as it has to be positive), and didn't require any permits or hoop jumping. However, I'll still likely show up to this little shindig too. Biking's biking.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Inflexable...
    I volunteer Rick...

The pimpmobile could just work its way along the Santa Stinky from Palmer Lake to downtown. We hit the gnar between each section and then beer and chicken are waiting at each next parking area. Who hooo! Good times....
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

Your retarded
    Actually, that might turn into a pretty interesting little event by the time it gets to downtown from Palmer Lake. That's a lot of stops for beer.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

rr
    I don't do PC
    The Santa Stinky always delivers

I think I can.
    You guys a killing the MOJO

Can't we all get along "Quote" Rodney King

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

It's Scotch/Romanian
    Large crowd- Check! Bikes and Beer- Check! Sounds like a Fessstival to me; I'm in.

giddy up

For more information in the meantime...

ask this guy if you see him on the trail. This is Egge (aka Scblur). You can't miss him, he's got cows, not calves below his knees. He loves long walks on the beach, Santa Cruz bikes, Bud Light, mouthwash/vodka, strippers in the locker room, and most of all, third hander rides.

Don't know what a third hander is? Well you'll just have to ask the hairball himself. This guy is fit.

scblur.jpg