mtbr member

1/18/2010 Green Mtn Trail Conditions

Has anyone been to Green Mountain over the past weekend? A runner friend of mine said it was muddy last night. I'm curious to see what others are saying about the conditions of the trails there and suggested routes. I'd love to get out there after work tonight, but only if I'm not going to be tearing up the trails.

mtbr member
    I was there yesterday morning early morning. It was frozen and ridable. I fyou go during theday it will be a muddy mess. It still needs a solid week to dry out for day riding.
    Erik

mtbr member
    Cool, thanks for the heads up Erik.
    It baffles me to think I never thought of making it an early morning ride. Great tip. I assume with the ground frozen I wouldn't be tearing up the single track.

Goat of Legend
    you'll be good if you go early. A couple of us have done Lair the Bear and White Ranch early in the am. Both were good in frozen before 8am.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grymes
    Cool, thanks for the heads up Erik.
    It baffles me to think I never thought of making it an early morning ride. Great tip. I assume with the ground frozen I wouldn't be tearing up the single track.
    No problem. I got a nice ride in. I was riding by 8 and finished up by 9:30. At 9:30 it started to get soft.

The horses wrecked the Rooney trail. They do tons more damage than bikers.

Erik

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99
    The horses wrecked the Rooney trail. They do tons more damage than bikers.
    Yup, and why no one cares I don't understand. What the heck is fun about dry humping an animal as it slowly moves along a trail is beyond me anyway.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.