Pivot Rider

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! ******COMBA Annual Meeting******

· [SIZE="5"]Annual Meeting[/SIZE] ·

· [SIZE="4"]Meet 2010 COMBA Board Members[/SIZE] ·

[SIZE="4"]Annual Meeting[/SIZE]
    Please join the 2010 Colorado Mountain Bike Association (COMBA) Board of Directors for an early start to the 2009 Front Range mountain bike season at COMBA's 2010 Annual Meeting on Thursday, January 21st, at 7:00 p.m. at the American Mountaineering Center, 710 10th St., Golden, CO 80401.

Join us next Thursday night for project updates, cool schwag, and the chance to meet your new directors (did we mention there will be beer there?).

[SIZE="4"]2010 Board of Directors[/SIZE]
    We are proud to announce the following folks have been ratified as 2010 Directors:

- Jason Bertolacci, President
    - Keith Clarke
    - Jason Coble
    - Margie Conrad, Treasurer
    - Brett Foncannon
    - Joe Hanrahan
    - Nancy Kelly
    - Mitch Sprinsky
    - Nathan Wyant, Secretary

We're also pleased that David Rontal will remain as Legal Counsel and that Dan Orlinski will join us to assist with accounting duties.

[SIZE="4"]Get Involved[/SIZE]
    COMBA had a spectacular year in 2009, due in large part to the enthusiasm and commitment of our members. We want to keep this momentum going into this year. We are actively recruiting folks to get involved this year, whether in a specific task/skill capacity (i.e. webmaster, grant writer, crew leader, etc.). We've got much more work to do through the year and beyond, but a volunteer organization is only as strong as its volunteers! Please consider making a commitment of your time towards the goal of improving the effectiveness of this organization which is making a difference in Front Range mountain biking. info@comba.org

[SIZE="4"]Free Bike![/SIZE]
    Ok. It's not really free but darn close to it! Don't forget: we will be choosing the winner of the new Entropy Bikeworks "Nancy" 29'er hardtail & fork that night (need not be present to win), so come on out and buy your last-chance tickets. http://comba.org/nancy

[SIZE="4"]IMBA National Bike Summit[/SIZE]
    IMBA would like you to consider attending this year's National Bike Summit in Washington, DC. Help us convince decision makers from your state to increase funding for trails, create better access and improve recreation management. You will join IMBA's staff and dedicated volunteers from across the country (as well as a huge showing from our peers in the transportation cycling advocacy) for a powerful gathering and a great time. To help you attend this very important event, IMBA is making registration available to mountain bikers at a reduced rate, and will host several dirt-centric sessions and gatherings.
    Please consider signing up for IMBA's reduced rate today.
    Hurry! Early bird pricing ends soon. The final registration deadline is just weeks away and we really need you in DC. Questions? Read our recent press release.

Finding money to fund your trip to the National Bike Summit might be easier than you think. Ask local bike shops, mountain bike clubs and your state's cycling association. You will be spreading a message that benefits all cyclists, so make sure to go beyond mountain biking-only organizations and contact any group in your state with a connection to bicycling.

IMBA has a very limited number of scholarships available to cover registration costs. Send a 500-word essay to info@imba.com with the subject "NBS Scholarship." Include your name/contact information and describe the reasons why you want to attend the 2010 National Bike Summit. The scholarship deadline is Feb. 5.

[SIZE="5"]Support COMBA - Join now![/SIZE]

Did you know...? That it takes over 200 hours per season to maintain one mile of trail? That attendance at the Public Forum with JCOS exceeded 200 engaged and concerned mountain bikers? If 200 mountain bikers volunteered 3 hours over the course of an entire riding season, it would represent 600 hours of trail work - the equivalent of a season's maintenance on three miles of trail. We invite everyone to join COMBA, and volunteer some time as well.

Trail maintenance not your thing? We welcome your contributions in other areas, too, such as the annual Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day event.

To join COMBA, visit our website at www.comba.org and click on "become a member".

Join Our Mailing List
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

hehe ...you said "member"
    Nice - can't wait to bring "Nancy" home
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Pivot Rider

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep

How come

all things cool are on thursday nights COMBA meetings T.I.T.S. rides and sons Hockey games wtf?

May swing by after the game...how late is this gonna go and what time shall i plan on picking up nancy

[SIZE="1"]and can the latecomers still get shwag????[/SIZE]
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Armchair Sasquatcheror

...and music

I'll be playing music in the museum from 6-8 on Thursday. Free admission to the museum and $1.GCB beers. Come early and check it out.

I wanna win that bike......
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Put the Fun Between Your Legs."

Pivot Rider
    There are special rules for you and PBRme! -- you MUST be present to win! jk!!

You guys should try to get there when you can -- we start at 7 pm and you know how all that rolls. We'll try to save some beer for ya.....altho, I'm really not gonna promise anything!

mtbr member
    Wait what....$1 beer?

Pivot Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Wankel7
    Wait what....$1 beer?
    no...what??? COMBA only offers FREE gcb beer --- come and get it while you can!

Sasquatch -- after your gig at the museum, you should totally come by and offer a bit of your lilting lyrics to us at the COMBA Annual Meeting!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Two of my favorite words in the same sentence!!! And it's GCB, I'm in!!!!

Pivot Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by rmclimber
    Two of my favorite words in the same sentence!!! And it's GCB, I'm in!!!!
    knowing you -- I KNEW that'd get you there! (glad you finally joined -- now you won't hear me nagging your a$$ all the time!

Pivot Rider

Almost time...

Hope to see everyone there! If you haven't taken the time to join COMBA -- now would be an excellent time to join up and buy a raffle ticket for an awesome bike!

7:00 pm at the Mountaineering Center -- FREE Beer -- GCB style and FREE pizza! woot! Not only that, but meet the new Board and hear what's in the plans for this new year!

mtbr member
    Good turn out last night

The new Buff Creek map!

The outgoing COMBA crew. Thanks guys!

Schwag. Lots and lots of schwag.

The ultimate schwag. Nancy drawing!

The carnage. Oh the carnage.

Thanks for everything COMBA!

hehe ...you said "member"
    D'oh - I blinked in that picture

Thanks for the beer and pizza COMBA
    Schnauzers - keep me in the loop on the ambassador program. PM coming
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

mtbr member
    I had a great time last night ! Thanks COMBA!

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by jake7
    Schnauzers - keep me in the loop on the ambassador program. PM coming
    You got it. I think we can make it work even without a full sanction from JCOS. I am going to meet with JP of the Boulder Mountain Bike Patrol and see what kind of training material he can give me. I'll probably follow that program layout, minus the agency cooperation. Oh, and we need jerseys! Something cool with beer sponsors all over it .

[SIZE="2"]Yes. The time stamp in this post is correct - just got home from the gig and waiting for the ambien to kick in[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Yes. The time stamp in this post is correct - just got home from the gig and waiting for the ambien to kick in
    Maybe you should get a mmj card so you don't have to take drugs.