Thread: Yeti asx?

mtbr member

Yeti asx?

Could a yeti asx make a good trail bike? And if so what size would I need? I am 6'2" 240 lbs.

Just Joshin' ya!
    The ASX will make a good trailbike, but you are not going to win any uphill races on it. It will be really disapppointing on flatter XC trails as well. It is more suited for slow technical climbs and nasty descents. You will kick some tail when you point it down. Not sure on size.
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

mtbr member

yeti asx

I tried one out at my LBS and to say its sluggish is an understatement. I bet if you pointed down hill it would be a sweet thang. For me I could not imagine using it as my everyday trail bike. Yeti really needs to put out something b/w 575 and the ASX

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by svenagatha
    Could a yeti asx make a good trail bike? And if so what size would I need? I am 6'2" 240 lbs.
    My AS-X will be a "heavy trail bike". Most of my local trails have lots of rocks and roots. Both ups and downs are steep and short.

According to Yeti recommendations you are on the border between Medium and Large. Perhaps closer to Large.
    http://www.yeticycles.com/1_bikes/asx_sizing_04.html

29 some of the time...
    Should work out fine. Go for the bigger size since this will be a more xc oriented ride for you.

Another great option is a Santa Cruz Bullit. They are currently out of production, but will be back next year. They are also easy to find used. They are a bit lighter than the asx. If you do a search for "trail bullit" you will come up with a lot of ideas and suggestions from others. I spent all last season on a bullit as my all around bike. It worked great, climbed better than my heckler with the same Z1 fork. Only reason I sold it was to finance a new toy.