The White Jeff W

Winter pants for long inseam

Looking for a waterproof/windproof outer layer to wear over my thermal tights. I have a 35" inseam (groin to floor) and find most off the shelf pants too short with my knees bent. Any suggestions?
    No moss...

mtbr member
    A couple of years ago I got tired of layering up various layers of tights and knee warmers, and struggled to find something that was:

- warm
    - fitting (I wear a 32 x 34 in pants, but most biking clothing is S-M-L etc, resulting in either being too big around the waist or too short)
    - tight but not skin tight

I ended up getting some pants from Foxwear, and I've been really happy with them. They're everything I want, and relatively inexpensive considering they were custom made in the US (I spent about $200 for the pants, a jacket, and a hat). I can wear the pants from the upper 20s to the lower 50s without any layers beneath them, and they're pretty comfortable.

The White Jeff W

Re: Winter pants for long inseam

Thanks. I looked at their stuff yesterday, just wondered if there was anything off the rack with a longer inseam. I'm 6'3", my son is 6' 7" & we wear the same size pants. 34x36
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Don't bother would be my suggestion.
    Find some roubaix tights that fit and go with them. There is little out there that is waterproof and comfortable and stays that way. Something that repels water and is warm will be the best bet for winter riding. I have some roubaix tights that have a waterproof piece on the inside of the ankle but that is all. They are great in the most filthy of weather. If it is really cold, a pair of knee warmers underneath will do the job.