mtbr member

Will the jamis exile 3 work?

I have been reading the forum for a week or so trying to do as much research as I can. I am 6'4 280 lbs (down from 330 at the first of the year) and am looking for my first bike. I am almost certain that I want a 29er hardtail with a 2000 budget. I have used the search and couldn't find anything regarding the jamis exile 3 specifically. I will primarily be doing trail riding in Oklahoma with nothing too crazy regarding jumps and drop offs. It also seems to have the best drive train components in this range. If this bike isn't up to clyde specifications, I am open for suggestions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Wow, we are similair. I an 6'2, recently dropped from 325 to 285, and I bought an exile I. The frame is a nice fit, really like the bike. I believe the specs say 305 on the weight limit. I love the bike, my only complaints are based on my budget. The things that I dislike I belive would be better with the Exile III just based on components. My plan is to upgrade the components as I go, new fork, crank, derailuers, etc...

mtbr member
    If you are going to check out the Exile check out the Dragon as well. The Dragon is a steel frame bike and a lot more comfortable for long rides.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    I ended up getting a good deal on lightly used Niner mcr 9.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk