Thread: Wide Feet

mtbr member

Wide Feet

Hi there,

Any suggestions on mountain bike shoes for a clyde with wide feet?

Thanks.

BIG and Bald
    Yep, duct tape. LOL Just kidding.

I'm in the same boat as you, friend. 5E wide feet here. Forget those all velcro types...not even close when it comes to trying those. The best shoe I've found thus far would be the Specialized Tahoe. I have to get 1 size bigger than normal but it doesn't affect performance at all for me. They are actually quite comfortable and easy to walk in.

I've also heard good things about Lake shoes being really wide but no one here in town carries them and I hate ordering online when I'm not familiar w/a product.

Good luck!!!
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"]Eat to Live[/SIZE][/SIZE]...[SIZE="3"]not the other way around[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i bought a pair of sidi dominator 5's...size 15wiiiide...they work great...snug but not too tight...!
    Bikes + Wedding = Less Bikes

mtbr member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to look for those brands/models in bike shops.

mtbr member
    I only have a 10 EE foot but pricepoints Setta brand shoe fits my feet great. Maybe even a little too wide. Very reasonable cost also.

mtbr member
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sidi Dominator Megas are some of the widest shoes I've found. Just remember that when you are trying them on that the strap that get ratcheted down can be adjusted.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I run the Sidi Dominators in 45 Mega, great fit in the width department. The shoes are spendy, but last well. I have an old leather pair (10+ years) that the tread is wearing down so my cleat hits. I bought a new pair last year, not as happy with the Lycra over the leather, but still a good shoe.

I tried on Specialized and they fit well, so you may try them.

Send what you need in order to get a good fitting shoe!!!

mtbr member
    Thanks again guys.

I hope i can find Sidi Dominators at our stores so that i can try them out.

mtbr member
    4E, but intrested in clipless. Any clipless brands make wide sizes?
    Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Sidi shoes are mostly (all?) clipless, and the Mega shoes are their wide sizes. Lake also offers some of their clipless shoes in wide sizes. I'm using the Lake MX190 right now and like them quite a bit except that the toe box is kind of pointy. I'd like a rounder toe box with a bit more wiggle room for my toes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by byrdwyngs
    Sidi shoes are mostly (all?) clipless, and the Mega shoes are their wide sizes. Lake also offers some of their clipless shoes in wide sizes. I'm using the Lake MX190 right now and like them quite a bit except that the toe box is kind of pointy. I'd like a rounder toe box with a bit more wiggle room for my toes.
    This is what I am looking for, a little less pointy toebox. I've been riding Northwaves because they always have fit me, but two seasons ago, I started to develop a hammer toe like my Dad. Basically the side of my pinky toe right off the bone has started to be a big problem rubbing, actually developing a slight hard lump. Anyway, every other shoe I own for jogging, walking, work, hiking, etc does not bother this, but my biking shoes are a painful problem. In regular shoes I am a size 13 2E, which isn't terribly wide.

Basically, anyone have a recommendation for a mtn biking shoe with a wide toebox?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I settled for this pair of Shimano mtb shoes. This is the only brand i could find around stores nearby that i can actually try on. It fits well for my wide feet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I wear a 15 5E dress shoe. The ONLY MTB shoe that has EVER fit me is the Lake MX165 Wide in a 50. A BIG winner in my opinion. Here's a description: http://bicyclesource.us/itemdetails.cfm?ID=22410
    I paid $65.00 for mine. Just do some searching on the 'Net.