shawn lichtfuss

Wide Clyde pedal

I wanted to know what you guys thought would be a good wide platform pedal? My feet are really wide & is always slipping off the pedals. Also, has to be tough to handle am abuse. Someone recommended the twenty6 pedal to me, thoughts?

mtbr member
    I wear a size thirteen shoe and use a hiking shoe for riding. I tried a set of Giant Team platform pedals on a whim and loved them. Not the lightest or prettiest, but it has plenty of room for my duck-like feet with grip and room to spare.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Penthouse Flats. They're not cheap though. I have a set of MkII's and really like them. The new Mk3's are out now, but the 2's were beefier. You might still be able to find a good hardly used set of 2's for under $ 150 if you look hard enough. They're a great flat ...

http://www.burgtec.co.uk/products/pe...nthouse-flats/

shawn lichtfuss
    Thanks for the replies, I'll look into those

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I'm a mini clyde at 6' and 215 ~ Size 13 shoe. I choose the Crank Bros. Mallet Clipless.

Seemd to be a good fit for my switch from BMX platforms to clipless.

The down side is Clydsdales clipped in break more drive line parts as my very next ride found all the weak links.

If you can get thru the finding / fitting shoes and extra cost you should try clipless. The power I could put to the ground climbing with them was amazing... and best of all no more slipped pedals.

@adelorenzo
    Kona Wah-Wahs have a big platform, they're not super expensive and they've proven durable for me and others riding them locally. Probably easy to find at an LBS.

Big Test Icycles
    I run the Transition Step Down platform. $59, wide, light, lots of grip and they take a solid beating. You can get them from the Transition Bikes website.

shawn lichtfuss
    I ended up picking up a set of twenty 6 pedals from a buddy of the owner at a big discount. I have to say these are a big improvement over my old azonic's. I only worry about them taking a major rock it, but so far so good.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I have a set of the newer style twenty 6 pedals as well and really like the grip, thinness and weight, but for some of the narrower trails/roots/rocks, they are a bit too wide IMO.
    The last 2 months I have been riding clipless and experience far fewer pedal strikes.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Platform Pedals

Quote Originally Posted by anthony.delorenzo
    Kona Wah-Wahs have a big platform, they're not super expensive and they've proven durable for me and others riding them locally. Probably easy to find at an LBS.
    +1 for the Kona Wah Wah - use them on 2 bikes

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Which model of the twenty6 pedal did you end up getting? Any pictures of them installed?

Thanks,

Jon

shawn lichtfuss
    Quote Originally Posted by jkuhry
    Which model of the twenty6 pedal did you end up getting? Any pictures of them installed?

Thanks,

Jon
    Not yet. I'll have some up soon. I went with the gold ti version.