Thread: Wide chamois

is buachail foighneach me

Wide chamois

Tried a couple of different search terms and got nothing.

I'm 6'4", and my sit bones seem to be wider than the person every chamois I've used was designed for. My sit bones always seem to line up with(or sometimes beyond) the seams on every pair of shorts I've owned from numerous different makers.

Can any tall(er) guys(or gals) recommend some shorts with wider or longer chamois pads that might work for me?

Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    How long?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Have your sit bones measured......how wide is wide?

Sorry for the late response, I was off on a multiday ride.

Just measured my stibones, and they're around 6"/152mm where I most commonly end up with saddle sores from seam rub.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    You've always been strange, Drunky. I don't suppose you have the choice of getting a Specialized BG saddle fit up there. Is it a particular saddle you get the rub with?

Disgruntled Peccary
    I took a look at the bibs I have with the widest chamois, which are desotos. You'd just be on the edge of the thick part of the pad, but the closest actual seam is about 2" in either direction. I also measured my wifes PI's while I was at it and 160 is just inside the chamois on those (about a cm in either direction IIRC)
    mike

I measured all my chamois after I posted above, and they're all a little bit wider than 6" at the widest point, which leads me to believe it's a length issue, and that I'm sitting on the back curve.

I may be strange, TT, but at least I'm not ginger... I certainly could get a seat fit done at a specialized shop, though a friend of mine is one of the many people they've directly, unnecessarily, screwed over, so I might be just a wee bit reluctant to go down that route....

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    my fox seargent chamois (comes with shorts) is longer then 1 foot