Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Who makes a XXL FS frame?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Verkebyll 
#1 ·
What the title says...

Im 6'5, 280+/-, I need a big bike, lol

#3 ·
What type of riding do you do, XC, AM, DH, FR? This will determine what bike you should get/how much travel would best suite your riding style/terrain. Personally @ 6'5" I'd be looking at a 29er bike. I'm 6'2" and just got a Niner RIP9 29" wheeled bike and love it. Of the manufacturers who make 29ers I think Turner and Ventana are the 2 that offer XXL frames w/ 26" top tubes.

#4 ·
Both Turner and Ventana Make an XXL. Both are great manufacturers.

I'm 6'3, 250 and switched over to a 29er about 6 months ago (I now have a Sultan on order). If you are looking for a trailbike it is hard to go wrong with a 29er at your height. Otherwise the Turner Spot would be the bike.

#6 ·
LyNx said:
What type of riding do you do, XC, AM, DH, FR? This will determine what bike you should get/how much travel would best suite your riding style/terrain.
I have a hardtail now that I XC with, so if I get a new bike, Id be looking something FS that I could possibly use for a little downhilling. Nothing crazy though...

#7 ·
I can refer you to Turner. I have been flogging one for about a year and a half. The bike is solid and the company has been choice to work with (friendly, helpful, responsive/quick, fair). Ventana kicks arse as well. Other companies though? Titus can make you one regardless what the website says, Zinn makes frames for clydes and they are decent bikes, if you have more money than I do Seven can crank out a sick FS bike for you. I ride with a guy that is 6'5" with a 37" inseam and the Reign (Giant) XL works for him after we changed a few bits (seatpost, stem, cranks).

Good luck.

Brock...

#9 ·
Definitely take a look at the 29er FS offerings, they'll make you feel like a kid again. Haven't really gotten to try it out yet, but they say 29ers give you the feeling of having 1" more travel than you actually have - I don't know I already had a great 26" bike that felt that way, so until I hit up those CO trails in 9 days I won't get a chance to really tell. If you're wondering why I upgraded if my bike was so great...well I went to 29" wheels :thumbsup: and I got almost 1" longer TT :thumbsup:with a bike that I find rides very similar, but just a bit better than my previous bike

Definitely look at the Niner, Turner, Ventana, Lenz, Curtlo, Zen and try to get as many to have a test ride off of and see which feels best to you.

MdniteDrftr said:
I have a hardtail now that I XC with, so if I get a new bike, Id be looking something FS that I could possibly use for a little downhilling. Nothing crazy though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.