mtbr member

which wheel set is best?

I'm 6'4", 230 ish, ride a stumpjumper with mavic rims/shimano hubs. I ride mostly xc, light fr, ride around jumps over 4' and keep on breaking spokes and have gone through 2 freewheel hubs in the last month. Tired of putting money into this wheel! I'm trying to decide which wheels to buy, azonic outlaws, mavic deetraks or bombshell fat daddy. Anyone out there have any experiance with any of these?

Fat guy on a bike
    Deetraks or Bombshells will be better than Outlaws for hucking. But all three would be an upgrade for you. I've had buddies taco Outlaws.

These would be nice too: http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com...d&productId=55

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link, I was trying to stay under $400, don't know yet if thats posible and was leaning towards the outlaws because of the 36 spokes. Read some bad reviews on the mavic hub giving people problems. What wheels do you use?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaewannabe
    Thanks for the link, I was trying to stay under $400, don't know yet if thats posible and was leaning towards the outlaws because of the 36 spokes. Read some bad reviews on the mavic hub giving people problems. What wheels do you use?
    PM me and I will tell you where you can get a Deetrack wheelset for $250

mtbr member
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/K...x?ModelID=7599

Get a custom set from CRC. I'm 6'8" 240lbs and have Pro II, DT Competition spoke, brass nipples, with Mavic 719's. I would suggest a beefier rim (Mavic 521) than what I have if you jump a lot, but you should be able to keep it under $400, and they'll be better than the wheelsets you listed above. Mine have handled 3-4" jumps/drops no problem.