mtbr member

What's BROWN and SLOW......???

My new Chris King Hubs!! Yeah baby!!

Yep, I finally did it and dropped some coin on a new wheel set. I'm having my lbs build up a set of Flows and a set of brown ISO 36 spoke wheels for me.
    I'm 6'6" 265ish and can't wait to have some solid wheels underneath me. I'm not fast by any means but I'm really looking forward to getting better and more confidant with my new set.

I'm planning on going tubeless with them as well and will have to do a bit more research on here to figure out which tires I want to roll with. I ride on the East Coast (DC area) with lots of roots, rocks and not a lot of jumps. On my stock DT Swiss 470's wheels (well one of them survived so far) I've had good success with the Captain's tubliss (with tube) once I figured out the correct tire pressure for my style of riding. It should only get better with tubeless from what I've read.

I'd like a fast rolling tire since I'll take any advantage I can to help me keep up with the faster riders I roll with. Bearing in mind I don't want to shred it with my added weight.
    Can't wait to get out on the trails and give them a roll once I get them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I thought you were talking about the UPS man. Brown, what can you do for me.....deliver my package.

Congrats on the new hubs and wheelset.

mtbr member
    post pics when it's done!

Chronic 1st-timer
    Q. What's BROWN and SLOW......???

A. me on my skidmark brown KM.
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!

from StL
    Sorry, first thing I thought of:

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Tubeless Nevegals work for me

I use them with Mavic 233 rims converted with a Stan's kit. Two full seasons with no flats. I air them up to 35lbs and they tend to leak down to about 30 and stay there. They are not a super fast rolling tire but not having any flats for two seasons makes up for a lot. They only draw back is that the tubeless Nevegal is only available in a 2.1. For me that's okay because anything much wider won't fit on my BLT1.