Thread: What pedals?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

What pedals?

Hi all, just a quick one, i want some new flat pedals as the ones on my new bike are crap, i've got big feet (size 13 uk) and im heavy so they need to be strong, so i was hoping someone on here could help, i was thinking maybe some dmr v12, i'm willing to pay around 50, thanks in advance for any help

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Sometimes you can find them on sale here in the states but I use the Crank Brothers Eggbeater Mallets. Good platform pedal and great cleat combo IMHO.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    when I go with a platform I have been using Crank Bros 50/50. Took me a few shoes to figure the best grip with the pegs, but have been very happy. I have similiar size shoe as you and are a great size for me..

good luck

mtbr member
    Shinburgers. or to save some weight, Veggie burgers.

I currently run Stepdowns. Replacing broken and busted pins can be a real PITA. That's why I'm thinking my next pedal will have integral pins like the pedals I mentioned above.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have some azonic accelerators on my bike and I love 'em!!!

and B+W too
    I'm using DMR v8's and they're okay I guess. Wish I'd got the v12 cartridge bearing version though as unless I totally pack the v8's with grease they feel very crunchy indeed. Bit like the ball bearings are shattered.
    If you do get DMR's, here's a tip...loctite 243 (or at least tighten) the grip pins...they come out way too easily. Good Luck!