Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    im 345lbs (last I weighted in) riding a 2013 norco sight , running kenda nevegals .... rear tire shot within 75 miles ,,, my rides do vary from fireroads to trails sometimes even commute to work ,, been considering hans demf , my boy uses those tires and he never slides or slip ......I really want to start pushing harder thru urns ,berms, and the trail period
    Ride hard everytime....or take up hiking...........lol

Making fat cool since '71
    Quote Originally Posted by DABIGSEAT View Post
    im 345lbs (last I weighted in) riding a 2013 norco sight , running kenda nevegals .... rear tire shot within 75 miles ,,, my rides do vary from fireroads to trails sometimes even commute to work ,, been considering hans demf , my boy uses those tires and he never slides or slip ......I really want to start pushing harder thru urns ,berms, and the trail period
    Hans is a very good tire...but they wear very quickly and you're going to wear them faster, particularly that rear, WAY faster than the standard 190# pencil neck. $70 a pop too, that's hairball...unless you have money to burn.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde View Post
    Hans is a very good tire...but they wear very quickly and you're going to wear them faster, particularly that rear, WAY faster than the standard 190# pencil neck. $70 a pop too, that's hairball...unless you have money to burn.

Brock...
    Check amazon. I found them for $53 shipped a few weeks ago.

Evolution line (the best), trailstar compound, snakeskin sidewall, tubeless. Basically all the bells and whistles, not some cheap model.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias530 View Post
    Check amazon. I found them for $53 shipped a few weeks ago.

Evolution line (the best), trailstar compound, snakeskin sidewall, tubeless. Basically all the bells and whistles, not some cheap model.
    yea I got mine from ebay 113.00 in all (1 trailstar ,1 pacestar both evo).... I was concern the the wear but seeming as my boys are still in good shape thought I would do alright.....hey Imakyde thanks for the advice , I recently pick up a 29er hardtail(Norco nitro) just for commuting ,fireroads , family rides etc using my fs strictly for the trails.......
    Ride hard everytime....or take up hiking...........lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Loving the Butcher I put up front. The ardent 2.25 rear is good too but sucks unless totally dry

mtbr member
    I am 6' 230lb without gear on. On my 26" bike I really liked the Purgatory front Captain rear or Butcher front Ground control rear...both combinations worked great in a wide variety of conditions. Currently on my 29" bike I am running a 2.5 Minion DHF on the front, tubeless at 26lb and a 2.3" Knobby Nic tubeless at 28lb on the rear. This is a great combination for me as well.

mtbr member
    WTB Wolverine's 2.2 on both front/rear. Work great on the trails I ride in Granite Bay/Auburn.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Real Clydes don't worry about the tire. They know they are applying enough pressure through it to get a grip in any condition!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    Real Clydes don't worry about the tire. They know they are applying enough pressure through it to get a grip in any condition!
    If only this was true.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by masonmoa View Post
    If only this was true.
    +1 to this

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I put a hans dampf up front and it kicks ass.

mtbr member
    For the dry summer conditions I am running a 2.4 Ardent front and 2.35 Ikon rear. Great combination for hard and soft over hard, nice rolling setup as well.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Tried an HR2 and the 3C model at least has too soft/small of knobs that fold over. I have a dual compound model that was intended for the rear on nastier terrain (usually run an Ardent 2.25 out back) but I think I'll try it up front before totally ruling that tire out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I'm 6'2" and 260lbs and I just went from Nevagals 2.2 to WTB Vigilante 2.3 Tubeless. I have Nevagals on my 26" bike and they seem to work much better on that bike then they did on my 29ner. Both bikes are full suspension.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2