Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Fat boy Mod Moderator
    i'm a fat 6'5ish... and i know people taller...

when it comes down to it, often times it's more about how much you want to fit into a car that makes a car fit or not... I know people my height that are driving miata/mx5's comfortably... when I was a bit lighter (250lbs?) I fit comfortably in a mkI mr2... I was also comfortable driving an MGB...

but each persons proportions are different... some tall guys are all legs, others are all torso...

best bet is when you get to the states hit a number of car dealers and sit in everything you can... then drive anything you remotely like that fits your budget and needs.
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rhag1128 View Post
    7'2 - I would recommend a Tacoma Quad cab, BMW X5, Nissan Titan or Audi Q7. Have the first 2 had the last 2. But it all debend on haw you sit. Long legs, long torso and seating angle.
    I am suprised you think the Tacoma is that roomy. I drive a 2010 Tacoma Quadcab and at 6'-5" leg room is kinda tight for me. I can't tell you how many times I have jambed my knee getting in and the pedals are horribly placed for big feet. With that said I also have a 2012 F150 Supercrew and it is the most comfortable and roomy vehicle I have ever owned. 6'+ people can sit in the front and rear at the same time with knee room to spare.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I drive a Volvo C30 and really like its fit and viewing angles. I'm 6'9" and 265.

My best advice is to look at two door cars. Most two door cars will have a bigger door, pushing the "B pillar" back behind you even when you have the seat pushed back.

I would recommenced looking at 2 door hatch backs. That should meet your requirement for room for you, wife and child.

mtbr member
    I heard the Kia Soul is roomier. That's just second hand tho. They are peppy, good mpg, and have a cool bicycle roof rack system.
    Just because you can't hear them scream doesn't mean they don't. Save a plant, eat meat.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Well my family is full of giants(7',6'7,6'6,6'1,5'8), and we absolutely love our Ford Excursion. I think they stopped making them in 2005-2006, but it is a beast. Fits our whole family comfortably and has plenty of room, it doesn't do well on gas mileage (10-15mpg in the city) and haven't had nearly any mechanical issues with ours. I think we just hit 200k miles on it.

mtbr member
    Cheap is the statement. I have a Scion Xb I am 6'2 and when my friend came to visit last year @ 6'6" I lend him the Scion. When he went back home he bought one. The 2005-2009 have the best head and leg room the new body style are smaller inside. That would be the only option in my opinion. He recently had a bracket made to move the seat back a further 2" back and he said he will keep this car running for as long as he can. A full size adult comfortably sits I the back.
    Anyone remember the days when Signatures were called Taglines?

k_z
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Did you actually tried it ? My wife has Tacoma Double Cab / TRD and while it doesn't have lots of space in the back, there's plenty in the front. I'm 5'10". It's pretty much best truck in this size you can get, unless you want to go for a full size but they all either have "stupidly big engines" or barely move...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2