'All over it!'

... and if we just ... What bathroom scales....

I am interested in purchasing a new set of clyde bathroom scales. I have read much about the technology found in modern examples, such as body fat %, water levels, bone density etc etc.

Can any of you guys recomend a really good, reliable and accurate set of scales that will tell me all I need to know about my fitness levels whilst continuing with my training regime. I don't mind all the techno gagets, as long as they are consistant and accurate. What models do you lot use and how do you rate them?

Many thanks

BIG and Bald
    The scales made by Taylor seem to be pretty reliable. I've only got a model that gives weight as I don't see a need for all of the other information as of yet. Mine also go up to 400 lbs. Thank goodness I don't need to go up that high anymore.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"]Eat to Live[/SIZE][/SIZE]...[SIZE="3"]not the other way around[/SIZE]

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    mine is the $30 digital one from walmart that does BF%... goes to 330# which is what I need for a little while longer....

#'s are finicky sometimes... can get on it back to back and get very different numbers (with in 10lbs but still off)... so it usually takes 3 times for me to get a number i'm satisfied as being about accurate... the BF% stays pretty consistent though.... mine also measures body water % which is a nice feature... you'll know if you're properly hydrated (or at least know your hydration is fairly consistent) and where some of that extra weight is from if you have a high day...

that being said... the number a typical scale gives you is about the most useless thing you can base your "health" on (which is why BMI is BS)... pick up a mayo tape (or stay cheap and use a tape measure) and measure some key points of your body... i personally do neck, chest, waist, abdomen, pant line, hips, thigh, calf, ankle, bicep, forearm, and wrist... I punch it into an excel spreadsheet that spits out a number for my BF%... while i don't think the number is accurate I can use all this information to tell me trends.

another option is body fat calipers... and obviously the BF% scale...
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

Are you gonna eat that?
    I use these;
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&SKU=13725098

The bodyfat numbers are probably way off, but they're consistent for weight - something I've had problems with on other digital scales - I can get on and off and they register the same weight to within 0.2 lbs, which is close enough as far as I'm concerned
    Due to a lack of interest, tomorrow has been canceled