Thread: Weekly weigh-in

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Weekly weigh-in

I am at 320lb started at 363lb pounds and hoping to loose more weight its been a struggle, I just got my mountain bike this Saturday. boy was it an eye opener riding it for the 1st time, I surely though it would be a walk in the park but as everyone knows its not. I was out for 40 minutes and came back home drenched in sweat, but it was a great experience. I need to get my lights to go out again my current schedule only permits me to ride at night. this Saturday I will ride from Whittier to seal beach not sure on the distance yet, any tips in gear would be appreciated thanks to all.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Get a bike computer. I prefer the wireless kind. Here is a link to MTBR review of different computers for bikes.

Computer Reviews Products Listing

I have a NiteRider Rebel, but I don't think they make them any longer, so no real reason to tell you about it.

Things I like about it, you may want to look for in others, Or they all maybe the same:

Distance functions: Trip miles, total miles
    Speed Functions: Current speed, Max Speed, and Average

Clock: Current time, elapsed time of ride(if you stop the clock stops, start back riding, the clock continues).

Current temp.

Not that I'm blind or can't see, but I do like that large display. I can take a quick glimps of it and not have to stare at it to see anything.

It has some stuff I don't use or care about to use.

mtbr member
    Check this thread that just started for some ideas on good to have gear for riding.

What else am I missing out on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    If you have an iPhone, try the sportstracker app. Gives me all the info I need, and you can even tie in a heart rate monitor. And make sure you hydrate well. I bring 2 32oz nalgene bottles along (don't like wearing camelbaks).

Otherwise, keep up the good work. I'm pretty much in the boat, started at 366, now at 319.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I use strava on my iPhone. Great App. shows you the route you took, how long you where riding and it shows you your records if you do the same route again. It also puts your time against other people also.