Thread: wake-up hungry

mtbr member

wake-up hungry

Here's the background. For the last 2 years at the end of September I took a break from riding and started going to the gym to lift weights. Done lifting just to have another activity other than cycling. I lift for about 3 months and then start back training(cycling) during my lifting only phase I noticed I sleep better 7-8 hours.
    Also in the 3 months of lifting I gain about 10 lbs. 210 to 220.
    Once the cycling starts back I've noticed I sleep less, 5-6 hours waking 4-5 AM. Tried things to extend my sleep but, nothing works. Lately when I wake I notice that I'm hungry. Sometimes I wake at 3 AM eat stay up for about an hour and go back to sleep. So now I'm tying to eat later,not to late, so I will sleep longer. This happen to anybody else?
    Comas aren't as fun as riding your bike, so wear a Helmet.

mtbr member
    How do you feel when you only sleep 5-6 hours? I found that when I am working out or riding a lot and in better shape I tend to sleep less but I feel better. I only sleep 5-6 hours as it is just because I think I have a sleep disorder plus my back starts hurting laying in bed too long so that keeps me from getting good sleep. But when I am active and in better shape than I am now I can do 4-5 hours and feel great all day long.

As far as waking up hungry...I always do but not at 3am.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3

mtbr member
    feel good on 5-6 hours. you know they say need you 8. I don't ever see me get 8 hours regularly. I just wonder if I sleep less cause my system is jazzed up from riding or sleep less cause my stomach needs attention.
    Comas aren't as fun as riding your bike, so wear a Helmet.

mtbr member
    Yeah....I generally run on about 6 hours in bed, maybe 4 hours of actual sleep, but I crash from time to time for 9-10 hours I guess to fully recharge.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3

Members who have read this thread: 0