mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Upgrades completed, what do ya think?

Those are clickable thumbs if ya want a closer look. Don’t mind the dust I’m remodeling that room and I’ve got to wash the bike down because of the plaster dust

I can’t believe the difference the heavier rear spring makes in pedaling. i took it out and even though i have added about 4lbs to the weight of the bike its so much easier to crank it up to speed i cant wait to hit the trials....
    IBEX Ignition, 05 Marzocchi DJ1 Outlaw wheels 2.3 tires Saint Crank ATACzPedals LX Drive Train w11-34 185mm BB7&SD5 30lbs

dirty trail dog
    That's a pretty sweet looking frame. Are those Tektro brakes? That should be your next upgrade. I went from Tektro IO's to Avid BB5's and the difference was HUGE. HUGE I tell ya. Have fun.
    yep...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks, i put a lot of time and thought into the choice and of coarse money was an issue as well ibex seemed to be the best mix of components and a good solid frame for the $$

yep there on my list, because of my weight I'm thinking of moving up to a bigger disk size as well. but they work pretty well right now. once Ive gone Thur the first set of pads I'll do the breaks, shifter, (thinking the xt combo b lever shifters) and front derailleur (xt). when the bottom bracket gosses I'm thinking race face. here's the full spec's on the build

Frame: 6061 Aluminum Frame w/ 4-Bar Rear Suspension / 4" Travel / Cartridge Bearing Pivots / Bi-Oval Down tube with Gusset / Replaceable Derailleur Hanger / Cage Mount / Disc Ready
    Fork: Marzocchi DJ1 w/ 100mm Travel / Coil Spring/ AIR Preload Rear Shock Vector 300 - Hydraulic Floating Piston - 950lbs Coil Spring - Oil Dampened Rebound - Preload Adjustment
    Front Derailleur: Shimano Alivio
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
    Shifters: Shimano Alivio - Rapidfire
    Crankset: TruVativ Blaze - 42/32/22T
    Bottom Bracket: TruVativ PowerSpline - Splined Cartridge Type
    Cassette: SRAM 5.0 - 11-32T - 8-spd
    Chain: Shimano/KMC IG-51 Narrow - Black
    Brakes: Tektro Io Mechanical Disc Brakes
    Brake Levers: Tektro Alloy 2.5 finger w/ Reach Adjustment
    Tires: azonic Refuge 2.3 x 26 with irc DH tubes
    Rims/Hubs: Azonic Outlaw Wheel Set 36 Spokes 20mm Thur axle front and qr rear Handlebar: UNO - Sand Blast Black Alloy - 630mm x 50° rise - for OS 31.8mm clamp
    Stem: UNO - 4-Bolt Sand Blast Black Forged Alloy w/ OS 31.8mm clamp
    Grips: Velo Double Density Kraton w/ Gel
    Headset: Aheadset Hammer Thread-less
    Pedals: HTI A100 Alloy DH Platform / with power straps
    Saddle: WTB Speed V Sport SS
    Seat Post: UNO - 2-Bolt Sand Blast Black Alloy
    Seat Clamp: Quick Release Alloy
    Last edited by merchant; 02-25-2006 at 06:42 AM.
    IBEX Ignition, 05 Marzocchi DJ1 Outlaw wheels 2.3 tires Saint Crank ATACzPedals LX Drive Train w11-34 185mm BB7&SD5 30lbs

dirty trail dog
    You know, I was running a Deore rear der just like yours, and even though it takes a lot of guff because it's NOT XT or XTR or x.0, I liked it a lot. As long as it's adjusted right, that thing was great. I had no complaints.

How are those Azonic rims? I love Azonic stuff. Bulletproof.

That's a good looking ride. Once you hit the trails, post a ride report.
    yep...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    i like em build wise got them off green fish for 250 with new tires. there not much heavier then the stock rims but just by looking at them they are definitely beefier than the dp20 that were stock and the hubs have bigger bearings and are much higher qt than the stock formulas. I'm thinking of hitting west rock Sunday but it will depend on my arm its still a bit stiff and soar from a pulled muscle last week.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

take it from one who knows

The upgrades are never over. Jim

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by merchant
    Thanks, i put a lot of time and thought into the choice and of coarse money was an issue as well ibex seemed to be the best mix of components and a good solid frame for the $$

yep there on my list, because of my weight I'm thinking of moving up to a bigger disk size as well. but they work pretty well right now. once Ive gone Thur the first set of pads I'll do the breaks, shifter, (thinking the xt combo b lever shifters) and front derailleur (xt). when the bottom bracket gosses I'm thinking race face. here's the full spec's on the build

Frame: 6061 Aluminum Frame w/ 4-Bar Rear Suspension / 4" Travel / Cartridge Bearing Pivots / Bi-Oval Down tube with Gusset / Replaceable Derailleur Hanger / Cage Mount / Disc Ready
    Fork: Marzocchi DJ1 w/ 100mm Travel / Coil Spring/ AIR Preload Rear Shock Vector 300 - Hydraulic Floating Piston - 950lbs Coil Spring - Oil Dampened Rebound - Preload Adjustment
    Front Derailleur: Shimano Alivio
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
    Shifters: Shimano Alivio - Rapidfire
    Crankset: TruVativ Blaze - 42/32/22T
    Bottom Bracket: TruVativ PowerSpline - Splined Cartridge Type
    Cassette: SRAM 5.0 - 11-32T - 8-spd
    Chain: Shimano/KMC IG-51 Narrow - Black
    Brakes: Tektro Io Mechanical Disc Brakes
    Brake Levers: Tektro Alloy 2.5 finger w/ Reach Adjustment
    Tires: azonic Refuge 2.3 x 26 with irc DH tubes
    Rims/Hubs: Azonic Outlaw Wheel Set 36 Spokes 20mm Thur axle front and qr rear Handlebar: UNO - Sand Blast Black Alloy - 630mm x 50° rise - for OS 31.8mm clamp
    Stem: UNO - 4-Bolt Sand Blast Black Forged Alloy w/ OS 31.8mm clamp
    Grips: Velo Double Density Kraton w/ Gel
    Headset: Aheadset Hammer Thread-less
    Pedals: HTI A100 Alloy DH Platform / with power straps
    Saddle: WTB Speed V Sport SS
    Seat Post: UNO - 2-Bolt Sand Blast Black Alloy
    Seat Clamp: Quick Release Alloy
    Before you put 8 inch rotors on your bike see if you can borrow one fro ma bike shop and bolt it on the rear wheel, and put the wheel back on the bike to make sure the rotor will clear the chain stay...it might rub up against it. My Rocky Mountai nSwitch came stock with 8 inch hayes and its about 2mm from the chain stay which is not alot of room and the rear triangle o nthe Rm is pretty wide...just a suggestion so you dont purchase something online that you cant return or use....nice bike BTW. One thing I've always been concerned about Ibex is the rear linkage plates... they look really thin from a side point... are they thin or can they withstand alot of weight?

mtbr member
    Where does Ibex hail from? That is the first faux bar I've seen that goes to the lengths of trying to replicate the interrupted ST FSR look whilst still being a single pivot.

Have fun with the new bits.
    Professional Amateur. Disagree? Submit your grievances here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupboy
    Where does Ibex hail from? That is the first faux bar I've seen that goes to the lengths of trying to replicate the interrupted ST FSR look whilst still being a single pivot.

Have fun with the new bits.
    Check out the website it might tell you what you need to know
    www.ibexbikes.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    if your talking about the the 2 link plates they are about 3/16th to 1/4 inch thick. they are holding up so far ill know more after a real ride next weekend.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Wink

Been riding for a while now. Took a 2 month break, not because I broke anything but I had to get some Dive time in and finish the remodeling work vie been doing on the house had to get it all back together before winter. Anyway. Thats all finished so now after I get back from vacation, Im leaving for a 7 day cruse on the 28th of October) I can get back to riding. As fro the IBEX Ignition and all the upgrades. It has Held up very nice. The only parts I have blown up was the stock Sram cassette, which I replaced with a cheapo Suntor that is holding up very nice. The front derailor was giving me a headache but that was my fault (Miss Adjustment) once I figured out the problem it has behaved ok. Ive progressed to doing small bunny hops and very small drops with out stops and single plank bridges! Everything is working grate and holding up very well considering my weight. (375lbs) I was up to riding 4 days a week 2 hours + a day after work when other real world home remodeling projects took over my life. Im hoping to get a few more weeks of riding back in before having to order studded tires.. Cold dont bother me....falling and dieing dose.