mtbr member

tubeless disc wheels

im thinking of going tubeless, what good out there in wheels and tires?
    WARNING: Riding with improperly adjusted brakes or bake pads is dangerous and can result in serious injury or death.

mtbr member
    Convert what you are using now with Stan's, if you are happy with your set up if not for a clydesdale I would be looking at the Mavic Cross Max XL

mtbr member
    right now i have sun rhinos on xt disc hubs, i like the hubs, but the wheels are about done
    im not a real heavy clyde (215 lbs) and i ride pretty lite, im looking for something very dependable and long lasting... tubeless may not be for me yet, judging by a lot of the stuff ive read, though...
    WARNING: Riding with improperly adjusted brakes or bake pads is dangerous and can result in serious injury or death.

mtbr member
    You can buy a brand new wheel set with 819 (if you think that you could get by with them you would save 1/2 pound) or 823 rims and XT hubs for under three hundred dollars so i would not worry about keeping the hubs. I have found that UST rims matched to UST tires with a couple of scoops of Stan's is almost trouble free while converting with the Stan's system can be tricky.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I'm a big fan of Continental Vertical UST tires for my riding. They are currently on a Stan's converted set of Sun Singletrack rims. However, I've got a new set of Mavic XM819s on Hope Pro2s on the way.

Dude!
    819/CK ISO set here. Love the 819. Barely trued them in 3 years. Racing and Training and they are still true. Love not having to use goo and tape too.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    819s laced to XT 756s via revolution spokes - I've only popped one in over a year with this setup.

I like the weirwolf 2.1 tire a lot but it really picks up and throws a lot of pebbles

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    if you have not done it yet email me and I will tell you how to do it the poor mans way.
    btanner@mail.twu.edu