mtbr member
    Jan 2011

trance x4 for a clyde

Hey guys I have a measly giant boulder and I was looking at a upgrade. The shop that I am mainly dealing with sells giants. they are giving me a pretty good deal on a 2011 trance x4 do you think it would be a good buy.

I am 235 5'10" mostly bones.

mtbr member
    I just bought an '08 Trance X2 from a buddy and have been quite happy with it. The Maestro suspension is for real. My last two bikes were a Stumpjumper expert and a Fisher HiFi Pro. they had the Fox triad and Fox RP23 shocks and I found myself flipping the switches between lockout, propedal, and open quite often. My trance doesn't have any kind of pedaling platform and I find that I don't miss it at all!
    Another thing that I noticed that set my Trance appart from previous bikes was the upright riding position. I preffered the neutral feel of my HiFi so I'm going to put a flat bar on it to get a little lower. Take it for a test ride and see what you think. If you feel like I did maybe they will swap the bar out before you buy it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thanks for the answer. Been looking at it just was worried about the weight issue and the links of a full sus

North Idaho
    My 09 X3 has been flawless. I was 225 when I bought the bike at the end of April from a friend. I am now 217 and dropping. I tend to run at around 200 lbs when I am in good shape. This winter I may or may not have snacked a bit so a bit of weight sorta piled on.

gravity fighter
    I'm 220 +/- 5lbs depending on diet and my 09 X4 has been trouble free since I got it last October. If you can swing the extra cash for an X3, I think it is a better value with the upgraded components (I really wish I had a front lockout!).

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thank you for the answer the x3 for me would be 700 more and it would be topping out at 2200. This is from my lbs. I wish I could swing that but my fiancee soon to be wife before my bike purchase would probably kill me if I did that. X4 and upgrade later.

Off topic have anyone of u guys used the 661 veggie slims (shin and knee) before