mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Three To Choose From

Hi i'm new here looking for a used mtb for about 600$ cdn.for street and light trail i'm 6'2".260lbs..found three i don't know which one to get...1. 2005 trek 6500 disk asking 660$...2. 2005 kona blast asking 700$...3.2004 kona cinder cone asking 750$..i feel they might all come down to about 600$....they are all very close.....
    Last edited by charliebrown123; 04-13-2006 at 10:41 PM.

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown123
    Hi i'm new here looking for a used mtb for about 600$ cdn.for street and light trail i'm 6'2".260lbs..found three i don't know which one to get...1. 2005 trek 6500 disk asking 660$...2. 2005 kona blast asking 700$...3.2004 kona cinder cone asking 750$..i feel they might all come down to about 600$....they are all very close.....
    Personally, I would drop $600 on a used Hoss (like this one in the classifieds) before the ones you mentioned. Not that they are bad bikes, just slightly less suited to the abuse of a clyde. JMO.

Patrick

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    nice bike but i'm in montreal shipping + exchange would bring this out of my reach

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    witch one should i get..please help.. is one stronger than another..planning on buying one of these this weakend..thxs

long standing member
    witch one should i get..please help.. is one stronger than another..planning on buying one of these this weakend..thxs
    They're all probably about the same strength. If the 2005 Trek has the same components as the 2006 version, I'd go with that one. Second choice would be the Cinder Cone, third choice the Blast. This is assuming that they all fit OK. I'm basing my opinion on components only, I haven't tried any of the bikes and couldn't guess which has the stronger frame.

Why do you have to buy one this weekend, and why are you limited to only these three models? In Montreal there has got to be many bike stores with many options to choose from.

Good luck.

Patrick

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    looking for a used bike. only have 600 bucks to spend not many good ones for that price.
    new in store these bikes would all be over 1000$

long standing member
    looking for a used bike. only have 600 bucks to spend not many good ones for that price.
    new in store these bikes would all be over 1000$

Oh, yeah, I forgot that you're in Canada. (Different type of dollar ). My personal suggestions still stand.

Patrick

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    i got the cinder cone 475$ nice bike....

Hoss Dee-Lux'n It
    Mar 2005
    475 for a Cinder Cone is a good deal.