Thread: Threads

solo speeder
    Aug 2009

Threads

So where do you guys go to get gear?

I'm looking to pick up a couple jerseys (preferably loose fit) and a couple pair of shorts (preferably baggy with a chamois-having liner)

48" chest, 36" waist

Thanks,

BMeeks

mtbr member
    I'll worry about gear when I'm in shape enough to notice a difference, until then I'll wear my dickies with a wife-beater when i'm on the trail. If I know the trail will have overgrowth, I'll wear some pants.

You dont really need expensive jerseys and padded shorts to have fun. But personally I'd go to my nearest Performance Bike to try stuff on. If you find a brand that fits you well, get them to price match an online shop or wait until they've got a good sale.

mtbr member
    Try here. Decent prices and tons of sizes to fit anyone.

http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/bikej...tm#atdbigloose

solo speeder
    Aug 2009
    well i have always just rode in some shorts and a cut-off t-shirt.. the jersey isn't necessarily a must but the shorts make a HUGE difference in how long my taint can stand being in the saddle... Only problem is, the only shorts I have are tights and I'd like to have a pocket or two out on the trails

Fat and Slow
    Aug 2009
    i picked up my shorts at my lbs. i dont feel the need for a jersey.
    09 Hardrock Sport Disc.

mtbr member
    Get biking shorts (lycra) and wear baggier shorts over top. Works for me though I still have some issues with the crotch of my shorts catching the nose of my saddle. I am about to call it quits and start just wearing the lycra. I know it isn't the best look in the world but there are times when function over fashion is appropriate.

solo speeder
    Aug 2009
    That's what I ended up doing today... I just wore my Louis Garneau shorts with textured fabric instead of the actual slick lycra. They felt pretty good. We managed about 6.5 miles today and I got to find out exactly how out of shape i was and how EASY riding on the road is compared to riding on the trail. We're heading back out on Friday, and again next week after my Haro Mary SS comes in. I'm looking forward to getting out there on the steel single speed and off the PITA geared bike