mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Thoughts about adjustable seatposts

Hey everyone -

I'm looking into adjustable seatposts, but I thought I'd ask for thoughts/experience here first. I've heard good things about KindPosts and the Reverb, but I'm a pretty aggressive rider, and at 225 lbs I'm not exactly light. I'm a trail rider here in Central Oregon - no lift-operated riding (yet), and really look forward to the downhill and technical portions of each ride. I'm on a Tallboy (XXL), if that's important.

Thanks for your input!

N

thread killer
    I got a comand post at the end of the summer. I love it!

It's the best part that I've bought for my bike in a long time.

It's not the newest vertion. and the only complaint I have is that the seat will tilt if I hit it too hard with my rear.

It only has one bolt to hold the angle. and I've gotten used to not hitting it but every once and a while I'll have to loosen the bolt and reset the angle.

Other than that it's been good.

FYI, I'm almost 290 runnin a Heckler in verry rocky New England.
    next time

[QUOTE=spazzy] Might as well sell your bikes, E-riding is much more productive.

mtbr member
    Hey, the verdict is still out for me but I also have the command post (black light) that came with my 2012 XXL Stumpjumper Evo. I've only had the chance to take it to the trails once and it worked fine. I'm also around 280-90.

mtbr member
    I haven't been able to put lots of miles on it, but after a month of riding with it, the Commandpost (stock equipment on my Enduro) has become essential gear. Feels very sturdy, no play in it, and works like a charm. Obviously I can't attest to its durability or ease of maintenance, but it is a great thing to have for all-mountain riding. FYI, I'm at 235 right now, so a somewhat 'light' clyde, I suppose.

One other benefit I've noticed, after a few years of playing with the QR on my last bike and sliding the seatpost, it got to the point where it wouldn't stay as high as I wanted, and it was steadily drifting down. With the Commandpost, I've only moved the seatpost once, and it stays right there. The end result (at least so far) is no migrating seat -- it is always exactly where I want it to be.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road