Probably drunk right now

Is there a Fat Boy Moderator?

I just popped back in here after having been gone for a while and I'm seeing nothing but repeats of questions that have been answered many, many times: What fork, what frame, I'm a giant, is a 29er the bike for me?, Why don't I fit in to cycling clothes, do these shorts make my ass look big or does my fat ass make my ass look big?, I'm 5'5" and weigh a buck twenty: Am I a clyde whe I wear my Camelbak?

Why not start a couple FAQ's threads that answer the, well, um, frequently asked questions? Since the inception of this forum, there's been some fantastic advice. Some of it wasn't even provided by me. But answering the same questions every couple of months tends to result in watering down on previously provided advice that people spent a fair amount of time and thought on when replying.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    I just popped back in here after having been gone for a while and I'm seeing nothing but repeats of questions that have been answered many, many times: What fork, what frame, I'm a giant, is a 29er the bike for me?, Why don't I fit in to cycling clothes, do these shorts make my ass look big or does my fat ass make my ass look big?, I'm 5'5" and weigh a buck twenty: Am I a clyde whe I wear my Camelbak?

Why not start a couple FAQ's threads that answer the, well, um, frequently asked questions? Since the inception of this forum, there's been some fantastic advice. Some of it wasn't even provided by me. But answering the same questions every couple of months tends to result in watering down on previously provided advice that people spent a fair amount of time and thought on when replying.
    x2. I couldn't agree more.

Fat guy on a bike
    Heh, yeah a Clyde Guide would be great. I would love to write one but i'm still pretty new to things.

Making fat cool since '71
    I agree, but how do "we" decide who gets it? The heaviest? Tallest? Cutest? Oh, the insanity...! Unfortunately (well, not so unfortunately re: weight) I'm out on all accounts...

I say it's an avatar battle. So far it's Ken in KC, me (thank you, thank you very much) and the guy with Ronald McDonald in the lead.

Brock...

PS: I can not think of how many times I've rolled my eyes seeing another "what fork" thread...can you say "do a little research"?
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

long standing member
    I had the "we need a FAQ in here" thought myself. I also feel like I come in here less often now because there are so many of the same posts. But hey, not so long ago I was one of those "what fork should I get" guys, so who am I to talk?

With regards to setting something up, I think that Call me Clyde is a moderator now, not sure if he is for this forum, though. I mean, it wouldn't be difficult to do. The easy way would be to just start a thread and have people give their input regarding each specific FAQ (what bike?, what fork?, what short?, etc.). Then make it a sticky. After there is sufficient info, perhaps it can get locked down, with new info added at the mods discretion. Or, have a thread where lots of people provide input but then someone (a volunteer) edits it down into one post. Anymore thoughts on that?

Captain Underpants
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    I had the "we need a FAQ in here" thought myself. I also feel like I come in here less often now because there are so many of the same posts. But hey, not so long ago I was one of those "what fork should I get" guys, so who am I to talk?
    Anymore thoughts on that?
    I Nominate PC!