mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Technical T's for work?

I know this isn't a Clyde only subject but I'll throw it out anyways.

My job is much more physical than it used to be and my cotton T shirts just aren't cutting it. I sweat more than I used to and my shirts just get soaked. Naturally they stay wet and I'm cold until I can get changed again. So I had an idea..

Does anyone wear any kind of technical non-cotton under-clothes to work?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice, soft, non-cotton short sleeved undershirt?

I'm also hooked on bib-shorts now -- so much more comfortable. I'm not sure if I'm ready to wear those to work though!

rust never sleeps
    Bibs are great til lyou gotta pee...then good luck with the snake down the pantleg trick.

I have a few very basic Duo-Fold shirts I wear as a base layer when I ride, go to the gym, or when doing physical work. Two thumbs up!! I suggest reaching out to your fave online retailer and look for a cheap base layer tank ot t-shirt.

If THAT does not work, you might look into replacing the cotton t-shirt with a nice golf shirt. They are not cheap, but usually are made of some type of fast dry material. I look at Ross, Marshalls, etc for mine.

Good luck, stay dry!!
    I love you to death, but get on the bus or throw yourself under it.

...a peaceful man stands tall...

slower than you
    Under Armour is good stuff for a wicking baselayer type of thing. I have a couple of their loose fitting Heatgear long sleeved shirts that I wear when I'm working and also on the bike during the summer. I've also got REI's version of the UA shirts that's a little more form fitted and it's also very comfortable as a base layer.
    Dog is my copilot

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I wear underarmour heat gear t-shirts. They are great and sell for 19.99 at Dick's sporting goods.

I also occasionally wear their compression heat gear shirts under my dress shirts and ties. Being in a medical clinic all day and crawling on the floor with kids is hard work and you work up a sweat quickly when you weigh almost 300 lbs.

I also wear the underarmour boxerjocks and they keep your legs nice and cool. It's like having air conditioning built into your groin area. It sounds stupid, but on those days in the Audiology booth when the temps in the closed booth reach 90+ degrees in the summer I am thankful for my underarmour tech tees and boxerjocks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I'm a pretty big fan of Russell Athletic's Dri-power t-shirts. I have a couple of under armour shirts, and they perform great too. I'm a screenprinter and we got some of these dri-power tee's for a softball team or something. I ordered a couple for myself and wear them at work(it's always a balmy 90 in the screen room) and when riding. A quick search brought up this, http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...&keyword=33807

which is a super bargain at $10.97.

Super Clyde
    Another vote for Under Armour here. I live about 5 miles from the world HQ, and am totally sold. I run really hot, so during the winter, I wear a LS heatgear loose, a t-shirt, and a fleece vest which works out well. I also have a sleeveless heat gear, and a Golf Shirt, which is a bit thinker, and I sweat a lot more in the summer.