Thread: Tall Jerseys?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Tall Jerseys?

I'm looking to buy some wicking jerseys or shirts. The problem is I am 6'9" tall and about 300 lbs. Built like a tree trunk. Any suggestions? 2xl never seem to be quite long enough. What do people think of the HOSS brands? I don't want anything super loose either. Any suggestions?

p.s. I can't really afford the $80 and $100 Zinn shirts. That's a little ridiculous.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    well, I always found regular good ol athletic wicking / sports shirts to my liking. The only thing they lack is a rear pocket, but I dont use one.
    Marshalls has a ton of them for the big guys. Loose fitting and snug ones. Nike, UA, adidas...etc

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by onabike
    well, I always found regular good ol athletic wicking / sports shirts to my liking. The only thing they lack is a rear pocket, but I dont use one.
    Marshalls has a ton of them for the big guys. Loose fitting and snug ones. Nike, UA, adidas...etc

What is this "Marshalls"?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    J&G in Oregon has big sizes but not explicitly long so I think that might not be a solution for you. Maybe they can tell you the length and you can compare to one of your well fitting knit shirts?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/tallman2.htm#atdtall

Aerotech Designs should have what you need. They make a tall jersey up to 3XL size. I am 6'5" and 185 lbs and their jersey is VERY tall. When standing it goes below my butt. I'm all torso too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    sorry about that.. Marshalls is a chain store that has brand name clothing... (we have them in my neck of the woods).. didnt think that they may not have one near you...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    maybe try rei.com and their stores. They have an extended sizes section. Put "mens extende sizes" in their search. I got some rei oxt tech t wicking t- shirts a while back for $5 & $7 a pop. I stocked up. They also have tall & big jerseys and pants and stuff. I got 2 log sleeve full zip jerseys for $19 a pop ant some covertitble pnts (legs zip off) for $15 a pop! (during a sale in Jan.) ...And 2 Bell Variant helmets for $29 a pop. ...keep your eye on them.(all depts.) Get on their email list
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Mouth-Breather / Huffer
    You can try Mt. Borah:

http://mtborah.com/index.asp?CompID=...temsPerPage=32

I don't see tall sizes, specifically, however. I picked up a pair of their introductory mountain short (Ridge) and found the quality of construction to be quite good.

I also had luck with Walmart. Yes, Walmart. I know, I know... but I'm a big boy and couldn't find what I was looking for anywhere else (with a reasonable price...). I have had success with their "house brand" wicking workout shorts (I believe the brand name is Starter). I have a long torso and the items fit me very well.

Here's an example:
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10714080

I found 3XL in two different Walmarts, but am seing only 2XL online at the moment. They have other colors and styles. Very basic but they get the job done.
    Last edited by dog.gone; 04-27-2009 at 10:01 AM.