mtbr member

Straight up Spam/ Hoss-Delux for Sale

I have a hoss delux complete custom bike in the for sale section for a week with little interest. With all the rave reviews on this bike and the amount of newbies looking for a good bike. Why have I had such little interest in this bike?

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by saba
    I have a hoss delux complete custom bike in the for sale section for a week with little interest. With all the rave reviews on this bike and the amount of newbies looking for a good bike. Why have I had such little interest in this bike?
    It's not the price, I think you've got that thing priced to move. I think it may be the fact that clydesdales are a very small segment of the MTB population. For example, if someone is selling a regular HT, whether it be a Kona, a Trek, Specialized, or whatever. The market for that bike is all MTB'ers (including clydes) who are looking for a used HT in that price range. But when you sell a Hoss, mostly likely only clydesdales will be interested. Your missing out on the majority of MTB'ers because they perceive the Hoss as a Clyde-specific bike. Because it is.

The build you have on there is excellent, but most of those parts are unnecessary for the average weight rider. Why would someone who weighs 175lbs want to ride a XC HT with those heavy duty parts and put up with the excess weight? The truths is, they wouldn't. And imo that bike isn't suited well to freeride because of the geometry.

You may just have to be patient and wait for a clyde-sized purchaser to come into the picture. I'd be glad to help out by steering some people on this board your way if someone asks about, "what is the best bike for a clyde-sized rider?" Because someone asks that every other day.

Good Luck.

Patrick

Sumo-Clydedale
    Story of my life.....I would have purchased the bike in a heart-beat....I just bought a HOSS about 10 days ago....just before your ad posted. Basically, I am upgrading the HOSS to very similar configuration. I didn't bother buying a Delux because I knew over time I would upgrade all the essentials. I will certainly end up paying more then what you are offering. Keep the faith. You have a very good bike...at a great price.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Damn...I wish I would have waited to purchase my 06 deluxe...I seached for a used one for a month or so with no luck...Yours would have fit the bill perfectly ...and left more money for beer...

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    I have a hoss delux complete custom bike in the for sale section for a week with little interest.
    You might want to post the ad link here.