Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Have you thought about running an Arch on the front and Flow on the rear? I just ordered parts for a new wheelset build and will be running an Arch EX on the front with a rear (non EX) Flow. I weigh 230 w/ gear.

Bike Junkie
    The WTB i23 were my option if I was going to stick with UST. I think I might be ready to try TLR setup if I can just manage to mount the tire without a compressor; which I hear that people have been able to do. I really enjoyed switching to UST after using tubes. I never really got pinch flats but of course the 1 time that I did during a race I was cursing that tube that day!
    See You On The Trails!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hi guys, torn between DT 350 on Flow EX and DT 240 on old Flows. The last combo is only $50 more as the old Flows are on sale now.
    I'm 215lbs w/o gear, ride XC, no jumps

mtbr member
    I'm sure the old Flows would be fine for you, but the EX's are wider and reportedly stiffer. I would probably go EX unless the 240 hub is a *lot* better.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    For peace of mind (and aesthetics ... the old Flows where white), I ordered the Flow EX at ActionSports; black DT 350 QR, black Flow EX, black DT Comp and black messing nipples.

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Stofken View Post
    For peace of mind (and aesthetics ... the old Flows where white), I ordered the Flow EX at ActionSports; black DT 350 QR, black Flow EX, black DT Comp and black messing nipples.
    VERY nice... Enjoy em.
    I like turtles

J-Flo
    Apr 2012
    I went with the Flows (not EX, just old Flows) for my new wheelset based on my wheelbuilder's recommendation that they are tried and true and have great success running tubeless. I'm glad I did. The wheels are wonderfully stiff and true after two months of hard riding and give me a much better feel of control than my old flexy wheels.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    This has been a great thread with good info. I just wanted to throw in something I saw today. Came off the trail this evening to find a fella that I passed earlier on the trail at his truck. Bike upside down on the tailgate. He had at least four broken spokes on his rear flow ex rims. Dude weighs in at probably around 260 I would think and I remember him showing me the rims last spring when he got them. So he hasn't had them a year yet but I guess the problem there lies in the build? I was considering some flow ex's but am still loving the PXC 2's I have that came stock on the anthem x1. They don't hold a TLR setup very well but I am now running a Hans Dampf up front with a Racing Ralph in the rear with tubes and loving it! 27 psi up front and about 30 psi in the rear. Turning some of the best times ever since running this setup. So don't really see the need for the flow's just yet. I am 240 lbs riding aggressively (for me anyway) on trails that are fast and flowing. Lotta roots with a few spots in there you can get some decent air and a few decent hill climbs.
    2013 Giant Anthem X1
    2011 Trek Advanced
    2003 Cannondale Jekyll 500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2